Somthing I noticed the other day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somthing I noticed the other day

It seems like women have way better form than most men. Men always try to go to heavry and sacrafice form.while women seem to alway go slow and use very good from. I just saw this guy last night who is always giving "pointers" doing very heavy barbell rows and using just horrible from then look over and see agirl with dumbells doing rows just perfect.

I've noticed the same thing, but I've also noticed women don't seem to push themselves as hard as most guys. PLEASE DONT KILL ME, it's just an observation of a general cross section of ladies at most gyms I've been to in the last 15 or so years. I've also seen guys coasting and watching TV more than they're working out. But it does seem like 95% of the females I see at the gym lifting weights are putting forth the same effort on the last set as they are on the first, not a hell of a lot....

I have talked to quite a few about it and the answer is almost always the same. "Oh, well I don't want to get all huge and bulky!" If it were only that easy.....

Comment

That is very true. My girl say that and I ask her why not work out with soda cans and do a ton of reps. same concept.

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca

I have talked to quite a few about it and the answer is almost always the same. "Oh, well I don't want to get all huge and bulky!" If it were only that easy.....
        that's always the problem. i lift as heavy as i can within 8 reps. i hate it when my form is off when i try a heavier weight when i start... but i'm always conscious of form b/c i don't want to injure myself.

it's a common myth that can't be debunked :(

Comment

It's so much easier to keep perfect form with a lighter weight. I think sometimes after you've gotten past 6 or 8 reps good form starts to suffer some. Sometimes you may cheat a little, but I do see a lot of guys who are just bastardizing the whole exercise just to fuel their ego.

Comment

Ok, I cant believe it. Just when I bring this up I go to the gym on my lunch break a little while ago and this is what I see. Typical 18-20 yr old wearing a wife beater weiging in @ about 165. He is curling 65 lb dbs. He had these things going swinging them back and forth he was still barely moving the weight up any. He was leaning ahead every rep so his cheast would hit the weight. I wanted dare him to do one rep with a 30 while keeping his back against the wall and no back swing. This was by far the all time worst Ive saw.

Comment

Working...
            X