lowering weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering weight

if i am failling at the 4th-5th rep of my heaviest weighted excersises, (bench,squat,legpress,skullcrushers,conc.curls etc) should i lower the weight and get it to 6-8? every1 i see in the gym is repping at least 8-10, some big mofo's too. maybe they are all doing it wrong =P maybe it doesnt matter that much.

Do a weight that you can get at least 6-8 reps in a controlled manner until failure. If you can only do 4 reps the weight is to heavy for you.

Comment

Bouncer's right, you'll build your strength quicker doing weights in which you can complete a full set.

Comment

damnit, i wish i knew this sooner, no wonder i cant add weight on my bench. so it should be something 6-8 reps, but i should be able to control and focus on the muscle at the same time? gunna be much lighter weight.

Comment

i always figured do as much weight as i can to tear down them muscle fibers

Comment

Dont do like you said on you on your last post! tearing down your muscle fibres is fine....but.

Chances are your tendons/ligaments will give out prior to this. They are slower in regeneration than your muscles. Failure on the 6th-8th rep is acceptable but make sure your form is absolutely true in all ranges of motion. Slowly, slowy catches monkey!

Comment

i think a reverse pyramid is pretty effective for gaining size and strength. i usaully go 8 reps. add weight then 6 reps, add weight then 4 reps. u can play around within that too. like go two sets at 8 reps, then one rep at 6. or 2 sets 6, one set 4 reps with heavier weight. i think the low reps haevier weight is ideal for gaining strength, but has to be limited. but for sure make sure the weight you use is the right weight so u can get a full rep on each of those set variations

Comment

Working...
              X