My girl just joined a gym with me and my sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girl just joined a gym with me and my sister

Sup guys. I had a few questions about my girl. I wanted to know what good workouts can my girl do for her legs. I wouldnt wanna give her something like mine or my sisters since shes new to the gym. ALso that shes had surgery to her knees before about 2-3 years ago, so she cannot squat. Leg presses she can do, extensions, curls will do.

I had this for her but wanna make sure its enough and good.

leg presses: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
    leg extensions: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
    seated curls: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
    lying leg curls: 3 sets of 10-15 reps

(How much can she do this for, in meaing once a week or could she goe 2 times a week doing this workout)??

-------------------------
    Shes doing cardio for a total of 50 minutes. Treadmill 30 minutes, power walking and the stationary bike for 20 minutes.

Her GOAL now is to lose some bodyfat, im helping her with her diet.

Also forgot that shes not doing any upper body because shes going to therapy for a strained shoulder. The physical therapist gave her the ok to be in the gym but to avoid using the left shoulder.

What u all think?:D
    Last edited by JUICE; 08-24-04, 01:33 PM.

Are lunges out of the question because of the knee? How about stiff leg deads and glute ham raises? I've heard a lot of girls raving about the stair stepper too.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
      Are lunges out of the question because of the knee? How about stiff leg deads and glute ham raises? I've heard a lot of girls raving about the stair stepper too.
      havent asked her about lunges yet. Yeah they got a glute ham machine there, didnt do it but will tell her about it today. Cause the thing is with my girl, she has these Beyonce (Destiny's Child) legs. Thier thick already not to mention she has a nice butt too, but she wants to shed down a bit. She has alot of muscle on her legs too and claves. I know for toning up, the diet is an important factor so as the cardio but for exercieses.

I wanna know the frequency of the workouts and which ones would be effective to her. Like they say, its what works for one, so i cannot give her something like mine or my sisters.

Comment

I don't see a point in doing both leg curls. There the same movement with just the body positioned different. Maybe use the but blaster if there is one to change it up a bit. If not I have put people on a smith machine to simulate it. Put a mat down on the ground, postition on all fours head facing out, lower the bar all the way down, and push up on the bar with the ball of your foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
          I don't see a point in doing both leg curls. There the same movement with just the body positioned different. Maybe use the but blaster if there is one to change it up a bit. If not I have put people on a smith machine to simulate it. Put a mat down on the ground, postition on all fours head facing out, lower the bar all the way down, and push up on the bar with the ball of your foot.
          I would probably go with just one of the ham curls like shibby said. Preferably the seated curls since it hits the biceps femoris more and involves less of the calves. My girl has the same problem with the beyonce legs and butt, however I wouldn't call it a problem. :D She does legs about 3 times a week and does cardio in between. She keeps the weight low to keep the soreness down. Since your girl isn't doing upper body, she could probably just substitute cardio in on those days or possibly split hams and quads for separate days. Probably should've posted this in the female section. I'm sure the females would know what's better.

Comment

I would probably go with just one of the ham curls like shibby said. Preferably the seated curls since it hits the biceps femoris more and involves less of the calves. My girl has the same problem with the beyonce legs and butt, however I wouldn't call it a problem. :D She does legs about 3 times a week and does cardio in between. She keeps the weight low to keep the soreness down. Since your girl isn't doing upper body, she could probably just substitute cardio in on those days or possibly split hams and quads for separate days.
            i like the seated curls, work great. So it dont matter if she does legs 3 times a week then.

As for not working out upper body, shes doing cardio and abs for that. Im hoping that im a month she could do upper if her therapist gives her the ok.

Probably should've posted this in the female section. I'm sure the females would know what's better.
            i was there but posted it here to get different peoples opinions. Cause i really needed help with it.:D

Comment

cause where we workout at they got shitloads of different equipement. They got like 4-5 different machines for hams only. I personally like and do seat curls, lying, standing, and straight leg deads. Works great and still sore.

About the butt blaster, shes gonna do it today. I'll ask her to give them all a try since shes new to it and see what she like and works for her.:D

Comment

Originally posted by JUICE
                About the butt blaster, shes gonna do it today. I'll ask her to give them all a try since shes new to it and see what she like and works for her.:D
                It's gonna take her adjusting her body forward and back, the hight of the chest pad right, till she feels it flex in the right spot. I see so many people just jump on it and they feel it more in there knees.

Comment

I see so many people just jump on it and they feel it more in there knees.
                  hahahahahaha reminds me of some dude in my gym, when he uses the butterflies he does them fast and with a funny face like if hes taking a shit.:rofl:

Comment

Working...
                  X