Wrist Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrist Injury

I injured my right wrist boxing, i think its just a minor little sprain but its irritating...today was a arm day I tried reverse arm curls and about cried, lol...it really hurt....

i had pain with tricep extensions and skullcrushers....

db arm curls were all that didn't really hurt....

I benched yesterday and it didn't bother my wrist....tomorrow will be leg day and I'll be doing some deadlifts, i dont THINK that will bother my wrist.....but any forearm workout, really kills me...any type of movement that twists my wrist in the slightest, or when my palm is pulled backwards it really strains it as well...

I've really been trying to build my forearms, and don't wanna lose the work i've already done

i guess my question is, should i just completely lay off it for a few days, or should i just wrap it up and try to deal with it, avoiding the excruciatingly painful exercises

tomorrow is a leg day, saturday is a rest day, and then sunday will be a chest day....so for the most part I will give it a small break aside from dead lifts tomorrow....I have a baseball game saturday so I'll probably hurt it further, but it's the last game of the season if we lose, and im not gonna sit it out because of a stupid little wrist pain

I forgot my wraps for muay thai a couple weeks ago (i will never do that again)banged up my wrist, by the time I got home I could barely turn the key to shut my car off. Very painful for about 24 hours.

I iced it for a hour, took some naproxin (anti-inflam) slept with my hand elevated, swiched my routine up the next day to avoid using it and I was good to go the day after that...like it never happened.

My experience has been 24 hours time can tell you a lot. If it hurts bad enough to write about it maybe your body is telling you something.

Comment

I would take some time off until you know your wrist is better, I permanantly damaged alot of things from boxing but my worst is my thumb, on my right hand the joint where my thumb meets my hand is twice the size of what it should be and the range of motion is very limited, all because i tried to be tough and keep training with an injury. In the long run its not worth it

Comment

yep, i had a game today...I was warming up in the bullpen and couldn't throw anything close to the plate....

i feel like i also have some "strain"...maybe that would be the best term, i have a strain in my right pec, but it's way up in the spot touching my shoulder....and it has no pain unless i take my right arm and reach across my body, like in a bat swinging motion, or in a pitching motion.....
        I took friday off kinda, and that did actually end up helping my wrist, it hasn't bothered me much today, just when i picked up this heavy plate

Comment

just rest it man. bottom line. take a day or 2 of doing nothing with it

Comment

How's your wrist feel when you use hand grippers? These should help your forearms slightly without being too hard on your wrists.

Comment

Re: Wrist Injury

Originally posted by Taylor
              I injured my right wrist boxing, i think its just a minor little sprain but its irritating...today was a arm day I tried reverse arm curls and about cried, lol...it really hurt....

i had pain with tricep extensions and skullcrushers....

db arm curls were all that didn't really hurt....

I benched yesterday and it didn't bother my wrist....tomorrow will be leg day and I'll be doing some deadlifts, i dont THINK that will bother my wrist.....but any forearm workout, really kills me...any type of movement that twists my wrist in the slightest, or when my palm is pulled backwards it really strains it as well...

I've really been trying to build my forearms, and don't wanna lose the work i've already done

i guess my question is, should i just completely lay off it for a few days, or should i just wrap it up and try to deal with it, avoiding the excruciatingly painful exercises

tomorrow is a leg day, saturday is a rest day, and then sunday will be a chest day....so for the most part I will give it a small break aside from dead lifts tomorrow....I have a baseball game saturday so I'll probably hurt it further, but it's the last game of the season if we lose, and im not gonna sit it out because of a stupid little wrist pain
              you shouldn't lose any strength or size from taking up to 2-3 weeks off an exercise. if you do then you are in an overtrained state to begin with (I know I sound like a broken record).

Comment

Everythings pretty much fine now, except for when i try to do bent over barbell rows, but i can just cut that for a while

i've never heard of hand grippers...i normally do cable curls, barbell curls, and dumbell curls off a bench for my forearms

i recently started doing the reverse arm curls too, but i stopped those for a while because of my wrist

Comment

Working...
                X