Something about my structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something about my structure

Alot of people say i got a big back. My measurement for back and chest is 51". I do have the thickness in it, and been getting thicker but theres something about it. The lats are there but is not like i want it to be. Maybe its because im 5'11'' and need more ass to look as good as some shorter guys. I feel like if im long or something. This is what im currently doing for back:

--------------------rountine---------------
    seated rows (machine with plates): 3 sets of 6-8 reps
    t-row: 3-4 sets with wide grip at 6-8 reps, and a 4 heavy rep.
    seated cable rows (wide grip): 3 sets of 6-8 reps
    pulldowns: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
    ----------------------

I feel an awesome burn when im doing this and it feels good but not getting results i want. Im working on my mid section too (love handle area) so the v-shape can show more. Diets clean and all, high protein, mod carbs. Thats not the problem though, the back is.

The reason i took off the bent over rows was because i was doing them non stop for months now.

This is another problem i have. How can i get thicker. I got awesome muscle develpments and all, nice measurements. BUt i wanna gt thicker, like the arms more thick, legs are getting thicker though, not a problem. Thickness is what i want. whACHA THINK?:D
    Last edited by JUICE; 08-28-04, 05:36 PM.

why no pull ups? this is my first thing everytime i do back! as for gettin thicker dont we all. maybe eat just a little more to see if that works. good luck.

Comment

try dropping the weight a little bit.....

I've read that when doing back exercises with too much weight you end up letting your arms do must of the work (depending on the specific exercises).....you wanna really feel the muscle contractions, and if your not feeling your back doing all of the work, then your probably using too much weight

Comment

I find wide grip pullups, really slow gives a great feeling; try them bro!

Comment

gotta give those a try. I would do those here in my house before on a tree since i wasnt a member of a gym yet. But just didnt feel right. I will do them tomorrow. Probably take out an exerisice and add the pull ups. Also increase the calories and protein a bit too.:)

Comment

it sounds like a lot of the lifts u do are done with machines, unless im mistaken. you should add more free weights to your back day and less machines. that way your supporting the weight the whole time so the muscle is under more resistance. this will help build a stronger core as well, since much more balance is involved. stronger core usually leads to more strength. and for me, more strength leads to bigger muscles

Comment

Originally posted by MDAM21
              it sounds like a lot of the lifts u do are done with machines, unless im mistaken. you should add more free weights to your back day and less machines. that way your supporting the weight the whole time so the muscle is under more resistance. this will help build a stronger core as well, since much more balance is involved. stronger core usually leads to more strength. and for me, more strength leads to bigger muscles
              He's taking a break from the db and bb rows. The only other free weight back workout is deads I think.

Comment

Re: Something about my structure

Originally posted by JUICE
                --------------------rountine---------------
                seated rows (machine with plates): 3 sets of 6-8 reps

seated cable rows (wide grip): 3 sets of 6-8 reps
                ----------------------
                Do you change your grip on these? Technically they are pretty much the same thing. Would be best IMO to drop one and add something else, like the pullups or deads.

Comment

I saw a lot of improvement in my over all V-taper when i started religously doing chins... I also have started doing a lot of low rows really tring to emphasize the lower lat..

Comment

Re: Re: Something about my structure

Originally posted by beefcake
                    Do you change your grip on these? Technically they are pretty much the same thing. Would be best IMO to drop one and add something else, like the pullups or deads.

well for the cable seated rows, i use a very wide grip.

other seated rows (its an old school machine that uses free-weights, and has no cables). Its all free weight. I use 2 45 plates on each side, and do one arm at a time. The grip on this one is regular grip.

On both, i feel them hitting different parts of my back. The cable seated hits more of my lats (wide grip), and the seated freeweight one hits more of my middle back.

As for deadlifts, im doing them with hamstrings bro, they are in my over all routine. Sore as hell right now cause of them, hehehe.
                    Im considering on dropping one bro, but dont know which one. What u think, might substitute it with pullups.

Comment

Originally posted by MDAM21
                      well before i joined the gym i was doing here at home alot of rows and one arms rows. They helped alot add some thickness in my back. But after doing them for a long time i guess the body needed a change cause the workouts were getting boring and i wasnt seeing results. Since i have 3 weeks in the gym and this current routine, i might give those a try again. Im doing 2 freeweights and 2 machine exercises right now.

I was thinking of doing this next week:

1) pull-ups: 3 sets whatever reps i can go or seat a number 30

2) rows: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
                      or
                      t-rows: 3 sets of 6-10 reps

3) seated rows (wide grip): 3 sets of 6-10 reps
                      or
                      narrow grip: 3 sets of 6-10 reps

4) pulldowns: 3 sets of 6-10 reps

What u all think?:D

Comment

That seems pretty good. Probably change your grips each workout. That's what I do. One week is all reverse grip, next week is all pro-nated or neutral grip and so on. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Do the chins wide and slow.

Try to touch your breastbone to the bar.

You are trying to work the teres major here, not the lats.

Comment

well guys, i did back and biceps today and this is what i did:

started off with some chin ups. I used a number 30. I did 56 reps, rested banged out 5 rested, and banged the rest. Towards going near 30 i was hcanging grips. I just couldnt anymore wide grip.

Then I did seated rows. Its a machine where u rest ur chest and ur rowing the bar towards ur chest. Well i did this one slow, never used this equipment before. I was going for slow reps and squeezing. Did 3 sets of this one.

The moved on to the t-row. I used a weight which i was able to control it not cheating on it. I did 4 sets of this with 2 regular grip and 2 reverse grips.

Moved on to the pulldowns. I did 3 sets of these, slow, feeling the back muscles in pain, screaming. Also used a weight i can control, not using momentum.

Finally did 2 sets of seated cable rows. I used a heavy moderate weight.

The moved on to biceps.

Originally posted by beefcake
                            That seems pretty good. Probably change your grips each workout. That's what I do. One week is all reverse grip, next week is all pro-nated or neutral grip and so on. Let us know how it goes.

I really like the routine i used today. Felt it work great, never sweated like today. It was a good workout.

Originally posted by Gort
                            Do the chins wide and slow.

Try to touch your breastbone to the bar.

You are trying to work the teres major here, not the lats.
                            As for the chin ups. I did them but couldnt go all the way up bro. Since i used to do them before like nothing cause i was lighter, today im 228 and did them but not like before. I felt heavy but i was able to complete them. About touching the bar with the breatbone, just couldnt bro. But im not giving up on this. If i have to do that I will. But yeah i did them and used several grips.:D

Comment

Working...
                            X