Curls / Wrist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curls / Wrist

I've always been under the impression that you should keep your wrist straight with your forearm and not allow it to curl towards you when doing curls. I feel a better contraction when I keep it straight, but some people are telling me it doesn't matter. What do ya'll think?

Re: Curls / Wrist

Originally posted by beefcake
    I've always been under the impression that you should keep your wrist straight with your forearm and not allow it to curl towards you when doing curls. I feel a better contraction when I keep it straight, but some people are telling me it doesn't matter. What do ya'll think?
    I don't think it matters. I keep mine immobile when I do curls because even if you curled your wrist it doesn't make the movement any more intense.

Comment

Might help your forearms a bit, but I too don't think there's any benefit either way. It just depends on what you feel most comfortable with. BB

Comment

If you curl your wrist, you are using the forearms too much, more than your bicep. Thank you come again.

Comment

Originally posted by Timma
          If you curl your wrist, you are using the forearms too much, more than your bicep. Thank you come again.

Not only that, if you have any tendency toward carpal tunnel, bending the wrist can really make it hurt (or go numb).

Comment

The problem I see the most is people curl there wrists and also lift with there shouldgers since it's rolling more into there body, if that makes any sense.

Comment

I have that tendency too.

Been thinking of getting an armblaster. Anyone like those?

Comment

it dont matter to me, either way works great. I always do seated wrist curls and also reverse curls. Ive been doing them 2 times a week with good results.

Comment

Working...
                X