Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated

I have been using the same routine for a few weeks now, and I have noticed two things...

First, it doesn't seem like I am working out nearly hard enough when I only go three days a week...I think it is my hardheadedness that makes me want to workout 5 days instead of 3, as that is what I always did before...but I cheat every once in awhile and hit the arms or chest a little extra if I feel like I haven't done enough, but I don't want to do that if I need to let them rest and rebuild...

Second, DAMMIT it seems like I am bulking up again and my waist is getting bigger instead of losing, been like that all my life, get mass relatively easy but I don't cut real well...should I just do cardio and run a clean diet to drop bf before working out steady? Maybe I am rushing it and my body is still getting used to me adjusting my eating patterns?

i am trying to lean.....

i go about 5 days a week.... and do cardio first 35-50min....(jog about 25 min... walk out the rest) then lift for about 20 min.

1 body part 2 exercises 4-6 sets

diet is key. but even more is genetics...

Comment

Originally posted by lxorl
      but even more is genetics...
      Yeah I think this is where I got fukked...I just have a big stature and often find myself comparing me against these smaller guys who are only 5'8 or so and I am 6'3" so its a big difference

Comment

Re: Frustrated

Originally posted by FX4
        I have been using the same routine for a few weeks now, and I have noticed two things...

First, it doesn't seem like I am working out nearly hard enough when I only go three days a week...I think it is my hardheadedness that makes me want to workout 5 days instead of 3, as that is what I always did before...but I cheat every once in awhile and hit the arms or chest a little extra if I feel like I haven't done enough, but I don't want to do that if I need to let them rest and rebuild...
        just break down ur workouts bro. I do train 5 days a week and one full hour of cardio and abs on Wednesdays.

sun: rest
        mon: back/bi's a couple of abs sets
        tues: shoulders/calves
        wed: cardio/abs
        thurs: quads /calves
        fri: chest/tri
        sat: hams/ cardio/abs

thats all i do bro. But u gotta change workouts every 4-6 weeks dude. Also try using supersets at times, helps a bit too from doing the same routine. Try using tri-sets once a month to shock the muscles. Or for instance for legs, squats, try the 20-rep squats once a month. The thing is about training that u need a change or else the body adapts and doesnt grow nor improve. Changing the workouts a bit has helped me alot. When going to the gym give it 110% and dont worry about not getting a good workout. Just worry about pounding the weights and worry abou the soreness the next day.

Originally posted by FX4
        Second, DAMMIT it seems like I am bulking up again and my waist is getting bigger instead of losing, been like that all my life, get mass relatively easy but I don't cut real well...should I just do cardio and run a clean diet to drop bf before working out steady? Maybe I am rushing it and my body is still getting used to me adjusting my eating patterns?
        on this one bro its up to u. U can either eat clean and gain lean or bulk up and gain a bit of fat. Im taking Bouncers advice on this one, to try to lean out as much as i could. Try to have a low bf%, eat the same foods as used to leaning out, but add a little more of that. For instance if eating 1 chicken breast, I will have 2 instead. For tuna 4 cans I eat, add one and eat 5 a day. 2 shakes a day and add one, those are 3 shakes a day. You know what i mean bro. Im in the same boat as u dude, if i bulk up i gain in the stomach which makes me feel nasty and not making prgress, but i guess thats the price for bulking. But yeah im gonna lean out more, still need some more to go then wheile off cycle I will maintain. When I do a bulker on the Spring of 2005, I will eat more of what im currently eating and see how it goes.:D

Comment

Re: Frustrated

Originally posted by FX4

it takes a lot of mental strength to not follow the crowd when everyone says that YOU MUST workout 5 times a week to see results. I would say take it one day at a time and if you find yourself being tempted just think about how good the rest would be for you and how much more you will grow if you DON"T workout. And on the second part I would run a clean diet all year round if I can. I don't believe in bulking and cutting. I try (big word try) to eat well all year round and if I need to lose or gain weight then you can alternate your calorie intake.

Comment

so i know you guys say its not good to train 5 timesa a week naturally. but i really see results from it. i eat well,,,could probably eat more to optomize growth, but im on a budget! and i sleep 8 hours a night. i take sundays off and my routine is chest mon., bi's tues., legs wed., tris. thurs., back fri, and sh. sat. i often take my shoulder day off or just do a light sh. workout since i feel i get alot from chest, back, and bi workouts anyways. i tried the training 3 times a week, with split muscle groups but didnt see half the results i get now. am i just a freak for excelling on this 5 day regime or what?

Comment

Originally posted by MDAM21
              so i know you guys say its not good to train 5 timesa a week naturally. but i really see results from it. i eat well,,,could probably eat more to optomize growth, but im on a budget! and i sleep 8 hours a night. i take sundays off and my routine is chest mon., bi's tues., legs wed., tris. thurs., back fri, and sh. sat. i often take my shoulder day off or just do a light sh. workout since i feel i get alot from chest, back, and bi workouts anyways. i tried the training 3 times a week, with split muscle groups but didnt see half the results i get now. am i just a freak for excelling on this 5 day regime or what?
              how long have you been training?

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys...I'm going to keep at it

Comment

i've been training since i was 16. got seriously into it when i was 18. im 21 now. i did see the results from the 3 days a week initially and built a pretty good base, but at the begging of the summer i started my 6 day a week regime. i also do a pretty fair amount of cardio too. is it just because of the new program im getting such results or are my genetics just the type that need to be trained more often, more intensly?

Comment

Working...
                  X