Squat probs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squat probs.

i cant ever seem to get the squat bar comfortable on me. ive tried many times. there is a machine next to the leg press that has the pads, and it is used for squats but its on a bit of an angle i think. will my squat strength build up just as well using that machine? call me a bitch for not using the real bar, but it kills my back badly.

Re: Squat probs.

Originally posted by Slashmonay
    i cant ever seem to get the squat bar comfortable on me. ive tried many times. there is a machine next to the leg press that has the pads, and it is used for squats but its on a bit of an angle i think. will my squat strength build up just as well using that machine? call me a bitch for not using the real bar, but it kills my back badly.
    what really helped me out big time having squat strength was the horizonal leg press machine. I used it alot before i used squats. I got up too 500 pounds in little time with the seat all the way front and doing each rep slow. When i went to do squats on day at the college gym I was surprised I was doing 4-45plates on each side for about 6 reps (405 pounds). I was 190 at the time about 3 years ago. It helped me out alot. But I stopped doing squats cause i wasnt going to that gym again and had to go back to leg presses.

Comment

Re: Squat probs.

what kind of trap build do you have. It should find a niche on you. Everyone has a different comfort point. some low some high. Mine is rather high but when I put it in a perfect spot I barely feel the weight at all. Try getting your traps built up and it is fine to use machines instead of squats. there is more than one to skin a cat.

Comment

Yeah you sound like you must be skinny up top, work on the traps

Comment

K thanks, guess using the pussy padded machine will work just as good

Comment

K thanks, guess using the pussy padded machine will work just as good
            it dont really matter bro if its padded or not. Dont worry about it bro. Take a day at a time. But yeah that does work too building strength.

On the squats bro, try to use a light weight for now, not too light nor too heavy. A little less than mid heavy so u can get form. Form is every important bro on this one. U dont wanna mess up ur back nor anything like that. Dont worry if people see u doing very little weight. We all start that way in one point of our lives. It dont matter. When doing this, u will find it comfortable and might wanna add some weight, not too much but slowly increasing the weight. Within time, u will be doing good and alot of more weight then when started. Give it a try bro. Even try doing the bar alone with 1- 25plate on each side. Just get the right form and hold the bar however u feel comfortable.

About foot postition bro, try and find one that u feel comfortable with. U dont wanna go too wide nor too narrow. Find a good one too, that suits u.:)

Any advice feel free to ask bro, lots of good bros here that will help u out:)

Comment

try doing front squats....those kill my quads like a mother fucker even if you use lighter weight.

Comment

Originally posted by CreepingDeath
                try doing front squats....those kill my quads like a mother fucker even if you use lighter weight.
                He is saying he finds normal squats uncomfortable, front squats would murder him lol

Comment

you may be holding the bar too high,you don`t want it on your neck.also if you don`t have a lot of upper back developement you can bring your grip in closer and that will squeze your back muscles together which will make it more comfortable.also keep your elbows pointing up.That will help.

Comment

Re: Re: Squat probs.

Originally posted by stonecold54
                    what kind of trap build do you have. It should find a niche on you. Everyone has a different comfort point. some low some high. Mine is rather high but when I put it in a perfect spot I barely feel the weight at all. Try getting your traps built up and it is fine to use machines instead of squats. there is more than one to skin a cat.
                    I say take this advice :agree:

Comment

My brother is tall and thin and it kills him too, even calf presses he has to use the pad on the bar. It's probably one of your cervical vertebrae/nerves you're compressing back there. Try the old towel trick, or a good pad and let the bar rest a little lower just below your shoulder line.

Look here:
                      http://www.train.tcu.edu/cspine.htm

Comment

i also have a problem reaching my arms back to grasp the bar, like my arms are too short or soemthing =/

Comment

i also have a problem reaching my arms back to grasp the bar, like my arms are too short or soemthing =/
                          :dunno: you don't need to reach the ends of the bar...

are you saying you're not flexible enough to hold the bar?

Comment

yeah it hurts to have my arms in back of my head, i guess i need to do some stretches or something, im really tight

Comment

you need to stretch more often then.

Comment

Working...
                              X