Brain Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Pain

I was doing stiff deads on friday. At the end of the first set, I got this massive pain in the left side of my brain. During the set was fine, but afterwards the pain would flare up. It was so bad that I had to cut the hammy session short. I did chest on sat and it was a dull fading pain, but not bad. Did shoulders yesterday and it's still there but definately going away. Did I do something really bad? Should I be worried and get it checked out? I got bent deads to do tonight so I hope it won't be round two.

Re: Brain Pain

Originally posted by beefcake
    I was doing stiff deads on friday. At the end of the first set, I got this massive pain in the left side of my brain. During the set was fine, but afterwards the pain would flare up. It was so bad that I had to cut the hammy session short. I did chest on sat and it was a dull fading pain, but not bad. Did shoulders yesterday and it's still there but definately going away. Did I do something really bad? Should I be worried and get it checked out? I got bent deads to do tonight so I hope it won't be round two.
    could be EIH- exercise induced headache. very painful and can last for days. be careful and take a few days off.

Comment

Re: Re: Brain Pain

Originally posted by stonecold54
      could be EIH- exercise induced headache. very painful and can last for days. be careful and take a few days off.
      You really think I should take some days off? I don't want to skip any workouts but if I really should then I guess I will. It really seems to be going away, the only thing i'm worried about is the deads for tonight.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Brain Pain

Originally posted by beefcake
        You really think I should take some days off? I don't want to skip any workouts but if I really should then I guess I will. It really seems to be going away, the only thing i'm worried about is the deads for tonight.
        if you do workout BE VERY SURE to breathe properly. If you feel any pain develop stop immediatley. EIH is caused by the pooling of blood from using large movements and can cause hospitalization, I have had it happen to me and a friend before.

Comment

Damn! is that what it is. Had it about 2 weeks ago managed to work through it tho. Just went for chest this morning and it reoccured on my second rep. Couldnt finish the workout and my head is still killing now 2 hrs after i was at the gym. Is there anything that can help with it?

Comment

sounds bad bro. Ive been having similar problems too. On Sat 's I do hams and use the striaght legged deadlifts. I feel light-headed, feeling on colapsing.

Today I didnt do hams but did back and biceps. I had this ugly pressure on my head. My vision was a bit blurred and all. My sister noticed me big time so i had to pause. As soon as my cycle is over im gonna get me some blood work done, get checked well.

Comment

This may sound sarcastic but are you sure its not something simple like your not breathing. It may sound silly but i know people that just forget to breath properly when lifting especially with big weight, hell ill even admit to doing it myself on occasions. You just focus on trying to get the weight up and forget about other things. Think about it next time, Kids i used to train used to get it while doing handstands in gym.

Comment

Originally posted by addict
                This may sound sarcastic but are you sure its not something simple like your not breathing. It may sound silly but i know people that just forget to breath properly when lifting especially with big weight, hell ill even admit to doing it myself on occasions. You just focus on trying to get the weight up and forget about other things. Think about it next time, Kids i used to train used to get it while doing handstands in gym.
                yes proper breathing can be a preventative measure but I have got it with perfect motion. it usually happens with large movements. squats, leg press, deadlifts. it has to do with pooling of the blood during exercise from the strain and the bodies non-ability to have a proper flow for a few minutes.

Comment

Are you taking any ephedra products? I used to drink these drinks pre-workout from time to time and I started getting these sharp, shooting pains in my head. Literally put me on my knees a couple of times. Once I stopped the drinks the pains when away.

Comment

Originally posted by 7lok4
                    Are you taking any ephedra products? I used to drink these drinks pre-workout from time to time and I started getting these sharp, shooting pains in my head. Literally put me on my knees a couple of times. Once I stopped the drinks the pains when away.
                    Naw, nothing like that. This was the only time it has ever happened. The pain is practically gone now, but tonight is legs again, so we'll see how the head holds up during stiff deads again.

Comment

Working...
                    X