Middle of Pecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle of Pecs

I was at the gym yesterday and saw a couple buddys doing a move i've seen a couple times but have never attempted. They take a bb and put all the weight on one end and put the other end against a corner of the wall. Sitting in an incline bench, they use both hands to grab the bb on the end where all the weight is and press it. I don't know what it's called but they said it works wonders for toasting the sternum area of the pecs. Any of you guys do these and see great results?

Re: Middle of Pecs

Originally posted by beefcake
    I was at the gym yesterday and saw a couple buddys doing a move i've seen a couple times but have never attempted. They take a bb and put all the weight on one end and put the other end against a corner of the wall. Sitting in an incline bench, they use both hands to grab the bb on the end where all the weight is and press it. I don't know what it's called but they said it works wonders for toasting the sternum area of the pecs. Any of you guys do these and see great results?
    LOL, that is a whole lot of work. why not just do closegrip machine press? I take small cambered bar and place it on the handles of a cybex vertical bench press machine. then I grasp it with a close grip and press. excellent contraction for me at least.

Comment

Re: Re: Middle of Pecs

Originally posted by stonecold54
      LOL, that is a whole lot of work. why not just do closegrip machine press? I take small cambered bar and place it on the handles of a cybex vertical bench press machine. then I grasp it with a close grip and press. excellent contraction for me at least.
      Don't have one. Only machines for bench pressing we got is the hammer strength stuff. Nothing close grip available. I was thinking maybe I should just use two hand presses with one db or something, but that wouldn't be enough weight since my gym can't justify getting heavier db's.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Middle of Pecs

Don't have one. Only machines for bench pressing we got is the hammer strength stuff. Nothing close grip available. I was thinking maybe I should just use two hand presses with one db or something, but that wouldn't be enough weight since my gym can't justify getting heavier db's.
        hmmm, not sure. you can try to use a BB for the close grip but I never liked trying to balance that.

Comment

Re: Re: Middle of Pecs

hey stone is it a machine bench with various grips. We got one where u put plates on the side and there are 2 different grips. The regular bench grip and a close grip one about shoulder width. The grip is the opposite on the regular though.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Middle of Pecs

Originally posted by JUICE
            hey stone is it a machine bench with various grips. We got one where u put plates on the side and there are 2 different grips. The regular bench grip and a close grip one about shoulder width. The grip is the opposite on the regular though.
            well this is not a plate loaded machine. it is selectorized. it has two different grips. one is straight up and down and the other is horinzontal. they are in about the same position. I use the vertical grips and place the short cambered bar so that the bar sits across the vertical grips then I just use a close grip.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Middle of Pecs

well this is not a plate loaded machine. it is selectorized. it has two different grips. one is straight up and down and the other is horinzontal. they are in about the same position. I use the vertical grips and place the short cambered bar so that the bar sits across the vertical grips then I just use a close grip.

yup i get u brother. Well the machine is similar. This hits more of the middle chest then. If so i gotta add it to my routine and drop 1 exersice. Im chaning workouts this week.

i was doing this: dumbell presses, incline machine(free weight), pec dec, and dips.

Considering doing this now: bb presses, dumbell incline, close grip machine, and cable cross overs.

Comment

Wouldn't the closer the grip the better? Seems neutral grip feels better than the pronated does. I'll figure something out I guess. Want them pecs to meet in the middle like butt cheeks. :D

Comment

Wouldn't the closer the grip the better? Seems neutral grip feels better than the pronated does. I'll figure something out I guess. Want them pecs to meet in the middle like butt cheeks. :D
                  my wife jokes I have more cleavage than her. LOL but I really do. :D

Comment

my wife jokes I have more cleavage than her. LOL but I really do. :D
                    i get that too. My sisters, mom, and girlfriend call me "boobman" but in spanish, hahahahahaha:D

Comment

Working...
                    X