Abs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abs question

Will your abs get bigger from doing large amounts of crunches? i used to, but have went to all weighted excersises because i figured they wouldnt.

nah i dont think thats true. I think that weighted crunches and exerciese make them bigger. Its like doing squats with no weights, they wont make ur legs bigger but do them heavy with weights and they grow.

Crunches do in fact work in the way of sculpting ur abs , combined with a good diet and cardio. I say this because thats what ive been doing recently after never doing them before and eating high calories.

Comment

Re: Abs question

Originally posted by Slashmonay
      Will your abs get bigger from doing large amounts of crunches? i used to, but have went to all weighted excersises because i figured they wouldnt.
      nope in fact the probably will get smaller from being overtrained. Abs will get bigger from proper exercise. Which means working it out like every other muscle. My new routine has me doing just 10 total reps (5 on each side) of hanging off the pullup bar with elbow straps and doing leg raises. I have noticed an increase in size after only 2 weeks.

Comment

Re: Re: Abs question

Originally posted by stonecold54
        nope in fact the probably will get smaller from being overtrained. Abs will get bigger from proper exercise. Which means working it out like every other muscle. My new routine has me doing just 10 total reps (5 on each side) of hanging off the pullup bar with elbow straps and doing leg raises. I have noticed an increase in size after only 2 weeks.

corect me if i'm wrong...so your just doing one ex. for abs 1 set of ten right

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Abs question

Originally posted by meat12
          corect me if i'm wrong...so your just doing one ex. for abs 1 set of ten right
          yep five on each side and then I am done. :D

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Abs question

Originally posted by stonecold54
            yep five on each side and then I am done. :D
            no shit, I'll try it out...I've been to busy to do abs lately. That sounds managable. :)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Abs question

Originally posted by meat12
              no shit, I'll try it out...I've been to busy to do abs lately. That sounds managable. :)
              well once you can do it with your legs straight out you have to add some weights inbetween your feet. ;)

Comment

sounds good, will try it out

Comment

so doing large amounts of crunches is useless? even while cutting?

Comment

Originally posted by Slashmonay
                    so doing large amounts of crunches is useless? even while cutting?
                    yeah just think about logically. Muscle is muscle. why would you do countless crunces for an ab muscle? Would you do over a hundered curls for your bicep? all you will accomplish is overtrained abs. Just work them like the rest of your body. weighted sets that you have to put some effort into as your reach the 8-10 rep mark.

Comment

its weird for me cause i cannot do more than 10 reps. MAYbe cause im heavy or something, but around the 5th rep i feel the pain so i do 8-10 reps.

Comment

Working...
                      X