WTF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF???

Well, the past couple of weeks I changed my workouts to get my body back into more rhythm as far as diet and training goes. I've been doing supersets/drop sets each bodypart once a week. I've gotten some of the best pumps of my life, and have some unbelievable soreness.

The goal is to obviously grow naturally since I'm taking off until November. I'm getting augmentation done Oct. 8th, and want to get my BF lowered since I'll be out of commission for a few weeks.

Here inlies the problem: By bedtime, my body is really tired. All I want to do is get to sleep. Well, it's taking me sometimes over an hour to finally get to sleep. Normally, I get about 7hrs a night...these last couple of weeks, I'm lucky if I get 5. Needless to say, I'm still exhausted when I wake up. I'm sure some of the tiredness is attributed to this new workout, and little sleep. But does anyone have any insight as to why I can't get to sleep when I feel so tired?

Re: WTF???

Originally posted by redsquirrel
    Well, the past couple of weeks I changed my workouts to get my body back into more rhythm as far as diet and training goes. I've been doing supersets/drop sets each bodypart once a week. I've gotten some of the best pumps of my life, and have some unbelievable soreness.

The goal is to obviously grow naturally since I'm taking off until November. I'm getting augmentation done Oct. 8th, and want to get my BF lowered since I'll be out of commission for a few weeks.

Here inlies the problem: By bedtime, my body is really tired. All I want to do is get to sleep. Well, it's taking me sometimes over an hour to finally get to sleep. Normally, I get about 7hrs a night...these last couple of weeks, I'm lucky if I get 5. Needless to say, I'm still exhausted when I wake up. I'm sure some of the tiredness is attributed to this new workout, and little sleep. But does anyone have any insight as to why I can't get to sleep when I feel so tired?
    what is your bedtime routine? do you watch TV, do you read, when is your last meal, is your workout at night, did the restlessness start as soon as your new routine was started or was it delayed?

Comment

Re: Re: WTF???

Originally posted by stonecold54
      what is your bedtime routine? do you watch TV, do you read, when is your last meal, is your workout at night, did the restlessness start as soon as your new routine was started or was it delayed?
      There were 2 or 3 nights last week that this happened, and now the past 2 nights this week. My last meal is a shake about 1/2 hour before bed. I usually watch some TV for about 30 min before bed. I workout right after work about 6pm. The only thing in my routine that has changed is the type of workout. This is the 3rd week doing this workout....I'd say just the past 2 weeks this has really been noticeable....shit, I overslept 2 hours last Friday! Usually my internal alarm would have woken me up...not this time

Maybe it has something to do with the amount of travel we have been doing in the past month...I dunno:dunno:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: WTF???

There were 2 or 3 nights last week that this happened, and now the past 2 nights this week. My last meal is a shake about 1/2 hour before bed. I usually watch some TV for about 30 min before bed. I workout right after work about 6pm. The only thing in my routine that has changed is the type of workout. This is the 3rd week doing this workout....I'd say just the past 2 weeks this has really been noticeable....shit, I overslept 2 hours last Friday! Usually my internal alarm would have woken me up...not this time

Maybe it has something to do with the amount of travel we have been doing in the past month...I dunno:dunno:
        could be an accumulation of stress not even related to your weightlifting lifestyle. TV is bad before bed because the frequency they use it intended to stimulate the brain to become hooked on it. It could help to not do that for a half hour before bed. Try writing or reading instead. If you feel yourself not falling asleep, get up. Don't lay there for more than 15 minutes or your body gets acclimated to NOT sleeping in the bed so it becomes harder to fall asleep. Plus you are probably gettin frustrated lately so that won't help if you just lay there and think about it. Your lifting volume could be catching up to you as well if you are natural now, how long has it been since you have taken anything? A last resort is to take either a SMALL amount of a downer (nyquil) but don't lay down right away, wait 10-15 minutes and do something boring. Then go to bed and you should be able to crash right away. Do this a few nights in a row just to get your body used to sleeping right away when you hit the bed and then stop the aid and just keep the rest of the routine the same.

If all else fails have sex or enjoy yourself because that always works for me. LOL

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: WTF???

could be an accumulation of stress not even related to your weightlifting lifestyle. TV is bad before bed because the frequency they use it intended to stimulate the brain to become hooked on it. It could help to not do that for a half hour before bed. Try writing or reading instead. If you feel yourself not falling asleep, get up. Don't lay there for more than 15 minutes or your body gets acclimated to NOT sleeping in the bed so it becomes harder to fall asleep. Plus you are probably gettin frustrated lately so that won't help if you just lay there and think about it. Your lifting volume could be catching up to you as well if you are natural now, how long has it been since you have taken anything? A last resort is to take either a SMALL amount of a downer (nyquil) but don't lay down right away, wait 10-15 minutes and do something boring. Then go to bed and you should be able to crash right away. Do this a few nights in a row just to get your body used to sleeping right away when you hit the bed and then stop the aid and just keep the rest of the routine the same.

If all else fails have sex or enjoy yourself because that always works for me. LOL
          Sex before bed makes me stay up...gets my heart rate up I can't relax soon enough.

I've heard a lot of people say not to watch TV. But it's not like I just started. I've also heard the 15 min thing. I try to tell myself to get up, but then I'm like "If I get up, get my blood moving again, then it will take me even longer to relax again and try to get to sleep.

And that's exactly what I do: Lay there and think about how I can't get to sleep, how tired I'm going to be in the AM, etc.

It's been about 2 months I've been off.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTF???

Sex before bed makes me stay up...gets my heart rate up I can't relax soon enough.

I've heard a lot of people say not to watch TV. But it's not like I just started. I've also heard the 15 min thing. I try to tell myself to get up, but then I'm like "If I get up, get my blood moving again, then it will take me even longer to relax again and try to get to sleep.

And that's exactly what I do: Lay there and think about how I can't get to sleep, how tired I'm going to be in the AM, etc.

It's been about 2 months I've been off.
            Well you won't like my answer but i bet your training volume and intensity is catching up with you. I know the feeling about not being able to sleep because I don't sleep much anymore. I just do stuff till around midnight (either a yankee game or good book) and then fall asleep till about 5 in the morning. If i sleep any longer I feel tired all day so I guess it works out for me.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTF???

I know the feeling about not being able to sleep because I don't sleep much anymore.
              Can't get me off your mind huh? :D

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTF???

Originally posted by beefcake
                Can't get me off your mind huh? :D
                LOL-well if you would stop looking through my windows I could fall asleep. :D

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTF???

LOL-well if you would stop looking through my windows I could fall asleep. :D
                  Your wife sleeps in the nude, can't help it. :D

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTF???

Originally posted by beefcake
                    Your wife sleeps in the nude, can't help it. :D
                    :eek:

Comment

:rofl: I was gonna say red couldn't sleep cause she's thinking of SC.

Comment

Originally posted by Timma
                        :rofl: I was gonna say red couldn't sleep cause she's thinking of SC.
                        well I didn't want to mention the obvious ;)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: WTF???

I think it has much to do with the intensity of your workout. If I really kill myself, then eat dinner, it's around 9:00PM. If I sit down for a minute to catch something on TV, I find myself nodding off for just a minute. When I go to bed, I can't sleep either. And it's usually 2-3 hours after my workout. I think I'm still just wound up after an unusual kick ass workout. Also, and I think this is probably your biggest problem, YOU ARE NOW THINKING ABOUT SLEEP TOO MUCH. This will definately keep you awake. It's like someone telling NOT to think of hippopotomus for the next 5 minutes. You have to think about it NOT to think about it, it's impossible. Relax and maybe borrow a sleep aid from someone just to use for the short term until you get back into your normal groove. BB

Comment

well I didn't want to mention the obvious ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

I don't feel like reading all the posts :P but alot of times when I can't fall asleep it's because I'm thinking about so much shit. I usually turn my radio on to get lost in and just set the sleep mode for like 30mins.

Comment

Working...
                              X