So...I pulled a pec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...I pulled a pec

Ha...I have had extremely good luck over the years in the injury catagory.

And then on thursday I jack up my right pec...It had felt a little tight for a week or two but I never felt any pain...and on my second set of some nastyness I felt a tingle and a pop from mid chest up to my shoulder :( I stay'd off it over the weekend (tryin to keep my ROM up as well as the advil levels).

Yesterday I went in and warmed up a little longer than usual started with 135 with no pain....185 with no pain so I figured I would start my workout ... so I put on 295 (for 8-10) and it felt good for the first 1 and a half rep (light and controled) then because I am impatient--here comes that sick burn again...oh well. I just finished the workout with my partners wt (all under 225) and felt ... well like a big sloppy one... but I guess sometimes rest is the best ( I know, I know...your own advice is the hardest to take sometimes)

anyway I just thougt I would vent

I'm sorry to hear it bro. Hope recovery is a speedy process for ya. GOod luck

Comment

Man that sucks. I remember when I broke my hand and could only do the pec dec flyes and could only train one pec with the hammer strength machines. Hopefully it won't effect your shoulder and back workouts.

Comment

thx...my shoulder w/o is a little hindered...I just cant military press past the 8 rep range...I had 240 on today and it pulled a little...it was just enough to break my concentration...so I just did some other crap...my back...my back may see this as a blessing in disguise

Comment

dude, let me get this right.......you tore your pec and your still lifting? are you serious or is this a joke.

if your serious you need to take atleast 4 months off if not longer for it to heal. besides, whats the point of lifting if you can only go like 50% on everything

i dislocated my shoulder about 2 years ago and tried to come back in the gym a week later. one of my friends thats a national level competitor put it like this to me:
          is it better to try and start lifting again right away and chance getting a second, more worse injury to where you have to take a year or more off and could never go 100% again in your life.

or would it be better to take a few months off now and never have to worry about it again?

Comment

I understand where you are comming from...I pulled it ... not tore it...there is a big diff. I have pulled a number of muscles in my day (each portion of my abs while learning to do a standing back flip). I know it was too early ... I just wanted to work through the pain...not the injury.

Anyway, the healing period is closer to 2-5 wks for a pulled muscle...you need to ice it when it hurts and heat it b4 you stretch it....then slowly increase the load as time goes on. The reason to continue to work out at a lower intensity on that bady part is to maintain the muscle that is there. with this type of injury it makes more sense to give it VERY light stimulation during recovery. It increases blood flow to the affected area as well (how else do you heal).

I do thank you for your concern. unfortunately this is not a joke ... it is frustrating but also mearly just a speed bump. (slow down...but no need to stop).

I do realize that pushing it (too much of a load) was stupid and basicly cost me the # of days that I had already begun to heal. What I wouldn't do to beable to have a little bit of patience.

Comment

Working...
            X