leg problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg problem

so im finally getting back into bodybuilding after 6 months of travelling and working in a very physically demanding job. im regaining my strength back in all areas very quickly, except for my legs. i havent even been able to get through a full set of any leg workout. my first leg day i started with squats with only a 25 on each side to warm up and after a couple reps i felt a stabbing pain on my upper, inner thigh. this is after a solid stretching period. today, my second leg day, i decided to start off with lunges instead but had the same thing happen. this is two weeks in a row now that ive had to skip my leg day due to injury. basically, im wondering what i can do to undue whatever damage i did while i was working. i could try working out with even less weight but that seems kinda pointless. any thoughts?
    j

try doing leg presses bro but with a light weight for now. Im not a doc so i dont know what to say but find out what works and doesnt hurt.:)

Comment

It may just be a swore muscle that needs more rest. You can try bringing your feet together a little more when doing squats and/or not turn your toes out quite so much, just enought to take pressure off your knees.

Comment

Re: leg problem

Originally posted by Jordan
        so im finally getting back into bodybuilding after 6 months of travelling and working in a very physically demanding job. im regaining my strength back in all areas very quickly, except for my legs. i havent even been able to get through a full set of any leg workout. my first leg day i started with squats with only a 25 on each side to warm up and after a couple reps i felt a stabbing pain on my upper, inner thigh. this is after a solid stretching period. today, my second leg day, i decided to start off with lunges instead but had the same thing happen. this is two weeks in a row now that ive had to skip my leg day due to injury. basically, im wondering what i can do to undue whatever damage i did while i was working. i could try working out with even less weight but that seems kinda pointless. any thoughts?
        j
        I get the same thing if I take a lot of time off from squats or lunges. usually stretching before and after the sets helps but it still cramps some times.

Comment

thanks for the replys- ill try what you said. so if im taking it really easy on my legs, hardly doing any weight, should i still devote a whole day to them or can i just throw some legpress in on a different muscle's day?

Comment

no, i say still give your full workout day to legs. think about it, the legs are the largest muscle group in the body (hamstrings, quads and calves) and your gonna "throw in some leg presses" every now and then? plus when you stretch are you cold? cuz that could be where the pain is coming from. warm up baby. especially on leg day. try 10 to 15 minutes of moderate intensity cardio before strecthing to get all your blood pumping and muscles loose. now hit those weights baby. and give it time! your just getting back into it, everyone has thier problematic muscle, just keep at it. it'll work out. ONE LOVE

Comment

did you just call him baby? Twice? :ghey:

Comment

ha ha. hey you kno i've been drinking my carb force and feeling SSSSUPER! you silly goose. nothin wrong with a little platonic man love. haha

Comment

Working...
                X