Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have not been sore after workouts lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have not been sore after workouts lately?

Hey Guys,
    I have been weight training now for a few months and lately I have not been sore at all after my workouts (the day after). For example, I did chest/triceps yesterday and I even tried to go heavy and push myself and I am not sore at all today? Is there anything that I could be doing wrong? Should I lift heavier where I can only do 6-8 reps per set for a change? I work out every other day, 3 times a week and train each body part once a week (chest/triceps, then biceps/back, then shoulders/legs). Any help would be much appreciated.

My workout yesterday was Chest/Triceps:
    1) 4 sets of 10-12 reps of flat bench press
    2) 4 sets of 10-12 reps of dumbell fly's
    3) 4 sets of 12-15 reps of pec dec
    4) 4 sets of 10-12 reps of tricep pushdowns
    5) 4 sets of 10-12 reps of tricep extensions
    6) 4 sets of 12-15 reps of overhead tricep extensions

thats happend to me bro. Why not try to change ur workouts a bit.

This is what u are doing:

WHY Not go something like this:

CHEST:
    dumbell presses: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
    incline (db or bb): 4 sets of 6-10 reps
    pec dec or flies: 3 sets of 6-10 reps (slow reps so u can feel the burn)
    dips: 2-3 sets till failure

TRICEPS:
    triceps pushdowns: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
    close grip presses or scullcrushers: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
    overhead dumbell extensions: 3 sets of 6-10 reps

The reason why i say to go 6-10 reps is because so u can go a bit more heavier. Cause lifting heavy requires less reps. You will grow off better this way, imo. Also find out what works and what doesnt. For some people falt bench will work and for other it wont. Same goes for dumbell presses.

Give it a try bro for 4 weeks then make another post and we will help u out with another routine. Try doing the reps slow, not too slow not too fast but where u can squeeze the life out of the muscle.

Comment

Re: I have not been sore after workouts lately?

Originally posted by ecmoney
      Hey Guys,
      I have been weight training now for a few months and lately I have not been sore at all after my workouts (the day after). For example, I did chest/triceps yesterday and I even tried to go heavy and push myself and I am not sore at all today? Is there anything that I could be doing wrong? Should I lift heavier where I can only do 6-8 reps per set for a change? I work out every other day, 3 times a week and train each body part once a week (chest/triceps, then biceps/back, then shoulders/legs). Any help would be much appreciated.

soreness is NOT an indication of ANYTHING as far as quality of a workout. When you get sore you are either injurying yourself or you are doing something new.

Comment

I will try to change it up. I will come down in reps a bit and increase the weight a bit, maybe 6-8 reps with a bit more weight. I will also change up the exercises to include include bench and dips like you stated above. I will post back in a couple of weeks with an update.
        Thanks again guys!

Comment

also you are doing Way to many sets and exercises. Pick two for each (one compound and one isolation for chest) muscle group and do no more than 3-4 sets total within those two exercises and make the sets intense.

Comment

only 1-2 excersises with 3-4 sets? i dont agree with that... i usually do one bodypart per day with 3-4 excersises with 4 sets.

Comment

i think it all has to do with the person. Some might require less sets and some require more sets. People are different and not all respond to the same things. As where i need a higher number of sets and less reps. Since ive joined the gym, ive been doing the routine i posted to ecmoney and its been working great. Im more bigger and defined. Before i would do 2-3 sets for everything and nothing. I was still the same. Im doing 2 presses, one isolation, and whatever else i feel i need depending.

Some people might even need high reps with heavy weight to grow. Some less reps. It varies from people to people, imo.:)

Comment

Originally posted by JUICE
                i think it all has to do with the person. Some might require less sets and some require more sets. People are different and not all respond to the same things. As where i need a higher number of sets and less reps. Since ive joined the gym, ive been doing the routine i posted to ecmoney and its been working great. Im more bigger and defined. Before i would do 2-3 sets for everything and nothing. I was still the same. Im doing 2 presses, one isolation, and whatever else i feel i need depending.

Some people might even need high reps with heavy weight to grow. Some less reps. It varies from people to people, imo.:)
                Doesn't your somatype sometimes determine what methods would work best for you?

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                  Doesn't your somatype sometimes determine what methods would work best for you?
                  that too, each body type responds to something different.

Its werid because a couple of years back i was 165 and used to low very little sets and the rep range was 8-12 rep range. WHat did i get out of that nothing. I considered myself an ecto (skinny as hell), even more with a height of 5'11'' or 6'.
                  But as i started eating more now, i gained up to 230 the highest ive been. The funny thing is now i dont get skinny any more but tend to put on weight faster, muscle and fat. If i dont train i get fatter.

My training changed over the years from low sets to more sets. And lowering the rep range. I found out that that works well for me. What im trying to say is that see what works for u and what doesnt, thats how we learn.

Like this routines on magazine, there the bodybuilders reccomend to u, to do this. Come on, thats thier routine and its not gonna work the same for u. You gotta find what works for u. I bet they found what works great for them.

For example, my cousin who used to do the regualr 3 sets 10 reps for everything. He tried my routine and saw awsome gains in muscle, and best thing he loved it.
                  Anoterh buddy of mine who is endo, works well with less sets and higher reps.
                  .:D
                  Last edited by JUICE; 09-23-04, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JUICE
                    im not all there today buddy, what do u mean.
                    Your body type. I've heard ectomorphs usually benefit from low reps and moderate sets, endo's benefit from higher reps and higher sets, and meso's do whatever they want to.

Comment

Your body type. I've heard ectomorphs usually benefit from low reps and moderate sets, endo's benefit from higher reps and higher sets, and meso's do whatever they want to.
                      sorry about that bro, not feeling good today, damn allergies and headache.:(

but i agree with u buddy:)

Comment

Originally posted by Slashmonay
                        only 1-2 excersises with 3-4 sets? i dont agree with that... i usually do one bodypart per day with 3-4 excersises with 4 sets.
                        well that is nice you disagree. please explain the hypothesis behind your position including all reasoning and detailed log books that led you to accept that postion.

I take it you started with just 1 set and worked your way up to the point you are at now?

Comment

Originally posted by Slashmonay
                          I have always been a fan of 3 sets 4 excersices.. I get bored too quickly..

Comment

I am definitely an endomorph, so I would benefit from higher reps and higher sets. So I should be doing 12-15 reps per set? My main goal is to add muscle and lose body fat.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyShane
                              I have always been a fan of 3 sets 4 excersices.. I get bored too quickly..
                              that too works great for me for smaller body parts. Usually with larger parts i do 4 set, 4 sets, and 3 sets, and 3 sets (4,4,3,3). Works good too.

Comment

Working...
                              X