Who here trains with a partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here trains with a partner

I have been training with this dude and his girl so lately we have had 3 people in the crew. They are both hardcore and our workouts have been lasting about 1.5 hours. Recently they decied to add a 4th.. I am not a big fan of this..

Any of you guys been in this situation before...Just curious..

I am thinking about training alone again but I do like having a spot and someone who knows my training style but man 4 people is way too many.. I hate getting at home at 9:00. Then I have to cook my meals and I have no time to ever do anything on the weeknights which puts a damper on my social life.. Training is a priority but so is having fun...

Just thought I would throw this out.

just train by yourself. 4 people is WAY too many... even 3 is too many to me.

you can always get a spot from anyone in the gym.

Comment

i don't like a training partner, I just like someone there to yell at me or give me a spot once in a while. besides if you train with someone with the same routine one of you is not getting a good workout because no two people should have the same workout.

Comment

Thanks sana and stonecold

Great points.. We all have different physiques.. I agree, I really only need a spot on chest and shoulders and maybe when I squat..

Even 3 sucks.. but we do keep it going and we dont bullshit..

Comment

SC is right, but I do miss having a training partner around for awhile so we can talk shit to each other about the other one's weak points. I haven't been critiqued for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfhound
            SC is right, but I do miss having a training partner around for awhile so we can talk shit to each other about the other one's weak points. I haven't been critiqued for awhile
            YOU SUCK, is that critical enough? LOL J/K :D

Comment

i train alone, dont need anyone. All i need when i have to is a spotter. Not always but sometimes.

Also the more partners u have the more time u spend off resting which sux and not only that but makes the workout sessions longer.

Comment

Originally posted by JUICE
                i train alone, dont need anyone. All i need when i have to is a spotter. Not always but sometimes.

Also the more partners u have the more time u spend off resting which sux and not only that but makes the workout sessions longer.
                I wouldn't mind a hot girl as a training partner. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
                  What guy wouldn't? I train by myself and use a spotter every once in a while like the others.

Comment

yeah i train with a girl.. It is kind of a pain in the ass always having to watch out for her funbags

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54

:agree: hey , that will change my mind:D

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyShane
                        yeah i train with a girl.. It is kind of a pain in the ass always having to watch out for her funbags
                        That's kind of why I wouldn't want a girl for a training partner. Wouldn't look good busting out a boner on the bench press while scoping her tattas. Or spotting her on squats for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                          That's kind of why I wouldn't want a girl for a training partner. Wouldn't look good busting out a boner on the bench press while scoping her tattas. Or spotting her on squats for that matter.

Yeah and this chick is harcore too.. And her bf is about 3 bills.. I try not to look but then BAMN her fake cans are in my face..

Comment

Well, my buddy just called me and told me we are dumping the 4th guy.. Cool so it is just me and his girl.. Nice! I told him it has got to be one off.. one on.. no bs.. chage the weight and go!

Comment

a good training partner is priceless imo -- when i am pushing serious weight i want someone that i trust spotting me --when you need that extra push-
                              they are there to do it--[i need that extra push right now ]

i trained by myself for years but have had my greatest gains since i hooked up with my partner nosocks -- shit he became my best friend and godfather to my youngest daughter

Comment

Working...
                              X