Workout suggestions? PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout suggestions? PLEASE!

If any of you have any sort of workout routine I could do for a 9-12 week program, I'm in my quote "bulking stage" althought not a bodybuilder I do have a personal goal of reaching 200 pounds. I know you guys reach 200 when your like 6,but hey. My second question is do you think it's possible to reach 200 in a course of 5 months, when weighing 166? My diet is great, in my opinion. I'm consuming 200 g/protein per day, creatine, eating alot of healthy whole grains, 2 gallons or so of water a day, and working out around 3 times a week. I'm looking for a specialized routine focused around bulking and compounds. Any websites, or personal routines that are working for you would be awesome! Thanks!

Re: Workout suggestions? PLEASE!

Originally posted by DrMull04
    If any of you have any sort of workout routine I could do for a 9-12 week program, I'm in my quote "bulking stage" althought not a bodybuilder I do have a personal goal of reaching 200 pounds. I know you guys reach 200 when your like 6,but hey. My second question is do you think it's possible to reach 200 in a course of 5 months, when weighing 166? My diet is great, in my opinion. I'm consuming 200 g/protein per day, creatine, eating alot of healthy whole grains, 2 gallons or so of water a day, and working out around 3 times a week. I'm looking for a specialized routine focused around bulking and compounds. Any websites, or personal routines that are working for you would be awesome! Thanks!
    are you a training novice? if not how long have you been training? if you want to hit 200 what % bodyfat would be acceptable to you? I would say damn near impossible in the time frame you gave yourself if you are doing it naturally and have trained for over a year already. obviously you could get that heavy by increasing your diet but it wouldn't be lean weight.

Comment

Re: Workout suggestions? PLEASE!

if u wanna reach 200 pounds and ur 166, getting to 200 pounds on 5 months varies bro from person to person. For some it might take longer and some in 5 months. All depends with the diet u have. Just up ur proteins bro, and add some carbs to it. Try not to eat bad fats bro, or greasy foods like chips and stuff like that. Avoid alot of soft drinks. One mistake i did before was that i ate shitloads , everything right but i added some wrong foods. As a result right now i was going through hell to get rid of some fat from my gut which i succeeded in.
      Just eat right bro, 6 meals per day, not to stuff urself but a good amount of protein, carbs, and good fats.

Also dont worry if u dont get to 200 pounds in 5 months. U may get 10 or even 15 pounds but its all worth it bro, cause u leanr what works for u and what doesnt. U will learn on how ur body works, and by adding more food and protein, u can gain more muscle.

POst ur diet bro, maybe we can help u out more.:D

Comment

anyone who works to "sculpt" their body by building muscle, or losing fat is by definition a "bodybuilder".

that being said - whatever you to do achieve those goals would be the same as anyone else in the sport. this needs to be achieve with the proper diet first, then training, then finally - and not to be forgotten - PATIENCE.

from 166 to 200 is a 34lb increase in weight. i'm assuming you're looking for lean muscle mass.

i will tell you flat out - no you will NOT be able to achieve this in 5 months.

you need to take the time and learn your body.

Comment

I appreciate everyone's replies. Thank you. With that said, I have been training for around a year and a half now, my starting weight was around 145, and I have now upped it to 166, give or take a couple pounds. I'm going to go ahead and post my diet, but it varies from day to day, I'm a full time freshmen college student who practically lives at my girlfriends house. I supply plently of tuna, rice, noodles, and bottled water there to get my through the week.

Breakfast (9:00)
          40g protein shake or 30g egg whites
          Orange juice
          Multivitamin

First meal (lunch 12:00)
          8 inch sub (roast beef, turkey, sprouts, low fat mayo on whole wheat)
          Potato chips ( I know I know, fattening)
          1/2 gallon of water

Second meal (3:30)
          Protein shake 40g or tuna
          Roman Noodles
          1/2 gallon water

Third meal (6:00)
          Whatever mom makes ;)
          Usually healthy: meats, potatoes, something of that nature.

Fourth meal (10:00)
          Protein shake 40g
          Multivitamin
          Melatonin
          1/2 gallon of water

I know that my diet is not perfect, but you have to remember I'm a college student who can't always pack his luch, sometimes I do, and it usually consist of tuna, carrots, and some cheese. That is only once a week tops. If you could please critique it and give me some advice on some alterations. I know it's not perfect so instead of telling me all the negatives I already know, I'd appreciate some helpful advice! Thanks!

Comment

As of right now, I'm up to about 11% bodyfat, in the spring I can get as low as 4-5%, I'm a ectomorph that has no trouble losing the fat when desired but the bulking and constant eating is the definite problem.

Comment

Come on guys, this has been on here for like a month and still no replies!

Comment

I will look at it closely tonight after work for you.

Comment

Great, thanks man, I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

What's up dude? I thought you'd look at it?

Comment

I appreciate everyone's replies. Thank you. With that said, I have been training for around a year and a half now, my starting weight was around 145, and I have now upped it to 166, give or take a couple pounds. I'm going to go ahead and post my diet, but it varies from day to day, I'm a full time freshmen college student who practically lives at my girlfriends house. I supply plently of tuna, rice, noodles, and bottled water there to get my through the week.

Breakfast (9:00)
                      40g protein shake or 30g egg whites
                      Orange juice
                      Multivitamin

First meal (lunch 12:00)
                      8 inch sub (roast beef, turkey, sprouts, low fat mayo on whole wheat)
                      Potato chips ( I know I know, fattening)
                      1/2 gallon of water

Second meal (3:30)
                      Protein shake 40g or tuna
                      Roman Noodles
                      1/2 gallon water

Third meal (6:00)
                      Whatever mom makes ;)
                      Usually healthy: meats, potatoes, something of that nature.

Fourth meal (10:00)
                      Protein shake 40g
                      Multivitamin
                      Melatonin
                      1/2 gallon of water

I know that my diet is not perfect, but you have to remember I'm a college student who can't always pack his luch, sometimes I do, and it usually consist of tuna, carrots, and some cheese. That is only once a week tops. If you could please critique it and give me some advice on some alterations. I know it's not perfect so instead of telling me all the negatives I already know, I'd appreciate some helpful advice! Thanks!
                      You should be eating at least 6 times a day and taking in as a minimum amout,1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Instead of the Roman Noodles but yourself some Success Brown Rice,it`s a far better and healthier source of clean carbs,and comes inb a boil-in-bag........very conveinient.

Drop the OJ and eat an orange in it`s place.

Bake some potatoes in a microwave and carry them with you to school along with chicken or tuna,you are not eating anywhere near enough cals to reach your goals.

Other good carry along foods when trying to gain weight are:
                      peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches
                      hard boiled eggs
                      tuna
                      bananas
                      protein powder in a shaker(just add H2O)
                      nuts
                      chicken breasts
                      baked potatoes

Eat more if you expect to get bigger,and you don`t have to drink so much water at one sitting as it may keep you from eating more food.Sip water all day long from a 20 oz. sports bottle that you carry with you.

As far as training goes,train 4 days a week basing your workouts on big compound movements:

Mon.-Chest & Biceps:
                      Bench Press-4x8,5,5,10 (after warmup set)
                      Smith Inclines-4x8,5,5,10
                      Barbell Curls-3x10,8,6
                      Seated Alternat DB Curls-3x8

Tues.-Thighs,Hams ,& Calves:
                      Squats-5x12,8,5,10,15
                      Leg press-4x20,15,12,10
                      Leg Curls-6x12,10,8,8,8,20
                      Standing Calf Raise-4x20
                      Seated Calf Raise-4x12

Wed.-REST

Thurs.-Back & Traps:
                      Barbell Rows-4x12,8,5,10
                      Lat Pulldowns-4x8-10
                      Cable Rows-3x12,10,8
                      Barbell Shrugs-4x12,10,8,15

Fri..-Shoulders & Triceps:
                      Seated Barbell Press-4x10,8,6,10
                      Lateral Raise-4x12,10,8,12
                      Bent-Over Laterals-4x12,10,8,15
                      Skullcrushers-5x12,8,6,6,10
                      Pressdowns-3x20,10,8

Sat.-REST
                      Sun.-REST

Throw in some abs two times a week for 6-8 sets.

I hope some of these suggestions help!

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks bro, I really appreciate all the advice! I'll keep you posted on my results, and progress and be sure to ask you any more questions I might have! Thanks man!

Comment

No problem bro,train hard!!

Comment

Working...
                          X