No announcement yet.

Which health club would you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which health club would you recommend?

I've been lifting at a brand new church, and my membership ran out, and see I'm not a church member, my price kinda skyrocketed (this being the 2nd year, i guess it wasn't initially high enough)....

that fitness center is small, I've already somewhat grown out of it, the cable machines, have a whopping total of 50lbs on them....heaviest db is also 50lbs, which does me no good with fly's which i need to be going.....

I've kinda narrowed it down to golds gym, balleys, ymca, and peak fitness.....although they are all alot more expensive then i thought :(

how does these clubs work? do they have fitness buff's sit down with you and create a diet plan along with that membership fee? I've never joined a real health club seeing as i'm just about to turn 20...but I need to, im lifting everything i own and i dont have the room to go out and get all the equiptment i need.

Golds is awsome

Comment

Pay for what you're going to use. Don't pay for a place that has a pool if you're not going to use it.
      Another thing, a lot of places will drop the first time joining fee with a little bullsh*t persuasian

Comment

I agree with Wolfhound - but I have to admit --- I'd stay away from Balley's --- even for a guest membership..

#1) they say they don't have Guest memberships
        #2) I visited a Balley's about 200 miles from home - just for a day - they are now hounding me to may $2,000 bucks for a gym not even close to my house - (sorry but that left a bad feelin -- thats NEVER Gonna go away!)

Comment

I guess it's all a matter of perspective.My first hardcore gym was actually a YMCA here in texas-it was a great place and everyone was all about their workout-very supportive about spotting,etc.The equipment sucked,but I learned a lot there.I then joined a bally's,where everyone sat on the weight benches talikng on cell phones.No real weight training-especially for women.I then joined Gold's,which had a lot of hard core lifters,and was a great place to get motivated.Now I belong to a neighborhood gym with a large powerlifting population.You need to find a place where you"fit".Try to do the month to month thing if you have a choice-a little more expensive,but at least you aren't tied to a contract if the place really sucks.

Comment

Gold's.
            Gold's Gold's.
            BTW, did i say Gold's?

Comment

Working...
            X