No announcement yet.

Training with the signifigant other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, this is DL1874's wife. We tried the exact same thing right before we got married and the idea crashed somewhat as I got my feelings hurt and pissed off. I think it's okay to show her a routine as long as you don't make her FEEL like she's not trying hard or failing. For example, my husband and I went to the park to jog 10 miles. While I was proud of myself for the long distance, he was frustrated that I was tiring so soon (after mile 5). It turned into a fight. Just remember to keep her feelings in mind during the process.

P.S. My husband has a man crush on Vander! : )

Comment

Sometimes it's just the motivation of going to the gym together.... If she thinks you're being to hardcore, go to the gym together but do different things while you're in there. You could be hitting chest super heavy, and she could do her leg thing, or whatever. If she needs some advice you're right there, and you can keep an eye on her. Also, if you really need one, she's there for a spot :) my 2¢

This way you're there together but not being too critical with one another.

Comment

yea i totally agree with redneck on that

Comment

my wife does tons of cardio too but still has a little to spare in the hips and thighs. i've tried to get her to do HIIT instead of cardio a few times a week but she is so stuck on her friggin cardio. she started lifting to put on some muscle but is so paranoid about looking big and manly that she has gone back to cardio again. :(

Comment

It's hard when you have two different fitness goals.I tried to work out with my <ex> husband,but he just wouldn't put forth the effort(wanting to spot train,while I was a powerlifter).My boyfriend now is as hardcore as I am,and I love working out with him...we push each other,and have worked out 4X week without fail for over a year.I agree with the other guys who basically said design a plan,show her good form,and let her decide how intense to make it.If she knows you at all,she will know your commitment to training,and not interfere with that.Good luck(and congrats for being a sweet husband)

Comment

Working...
            X