biceps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biceps

How many different bicep exercises do you all do at the gym. I i have like 4 different types i do when im at the gym but im a cut it down and just do like 2 diff exercises because my arms die after like 3. I was struggling doing 3 sets of concentration curls after doing 3 sets of alternating dumbell curls and standing barbell curls.

Standing barbell curls for mass. Seated barbell curls for mass. Alternating dumbbell curls for shape. Concetration curls for shape. 14 sets with a weight I can do no more than 10 reps. Sounds like you may need to reduce the weight you're using while cutting, as I assume your caloric intake and carbs are reduced. BB

Comment

Two different exercises is fine for a beginner but total sets should come up to 10 to 12. Lower weight as required.

If you are doing biceps on back day you have already worked them so six sets may be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Gort
        Two different exercises is fine for a beginner but total sets should come up to 10 to 12. Lower weight as required.

If you are doing biceps on back day you have already worked them so six sets may be enough.
        Actually lately, my biceps have been getting just as sore on back day as they do on bicep day. I'm not sure what that indicates, but it's really odd. I'm actually wondering if I'm overtraining my biceps by doing a separate bicep day after hitting them that hard on back day.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
          Actually lately, my biceps have been getting just as sore on back day as they do on bicep day. I'm not sure what that indicates, but it's really odd. I'm actually wondering if I'm overtraining my biceps by doing a separate bicep day after hitting them that hard on back day.
          You use a lot of biceps when you train your back. I do back first, then biceps in the same day. That way, you have pre-exausted your biceps somewhat so you can't handle as much weight, but get a better pump and overall better result, IMHO. Training back one day and then biceps on another kinda means you're training biceps twice/week. BB

Comment

Originally posted by bonebreaker
            Standing barbell curls for mass. Seated barbell curls for mass. Alternating dumbbell curls for shape. Concetration curls for shape. 14 sets with a weight I can do no more than 10 reps. Sounds like you may need to reduce the weight you're using while cutting, as I assume your caloric intake and carbs are reduced. BB
            Here we go again. You can't shape your muscles...PERIOD. The only thing you need to worry about it full ROM so that you don't get a half bicep. Yes, BB curls turn the wrists in a manner that hits the biceps most directly, but nothing will shape a muscle.

Comment

i agree with bb... i do my biceps on back days and i'll only do 2 or 3 exersizes for em because the back work out hits em pretty good.. doin seperate days for back/bi's is workin em out twice a week

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJo
                i agree with bb... i do my biceps on back days and i'll only do 2 or 3 exersizes for em because the back work out hits em pretty good.. doin seperate days for back/bi's is workin em out twice a week

2 or 3 excercises for Biceps after Back? That seems like a lot to me, I work them on seperate days and when i do Biceps only do a 3 excercises for a total of 9 sets for biceps along with some forearms. I do back and traps one day, say (Sat) and then Biceps and forearms on Wed. but that is just me

V

Comment

thats what i was sayin.. your workin your bi's twice a week cause when you do back you work them out too.. well i'm following pretty much the same type of training as stonecold... so i'm only doin 3 or 4 sets total for bi's to exhaustation... along with the 4 or 5 sets for back to exhaustion

Comment

Why is everyone so worried about bi's? Your arms aren't gonna look good if you don't focus on your tri's as well.

Comment

Why is everyone so worried about bi's? Your arms aren't gonna look good if you don't focus on your tri's as well.
                      :agree: ... the tricep is what makes your arm look bigger nehow

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJo
                        nehow
                        :rofl:

took me sec to figure out what that meant

Comment

me too. I was like huh?

Comment

Originally posted by shortz
                            Here we go again. You can't shape your muscles...PERIOD. The only thing you need to worry about it full ROM so that you don't get a half bicep. Yes, BB curls turn the wrists in a manner that hits the biceps most directly, but nothing will shape a muscle.
                            That's baloney!! You can indeed add peak to the biceps with the proper technique. BB

Comment

I don't have any scientific articles to back this up, but I have heard that hammer curls and similar exercises can add peak to the biceps. I don't know if it's just time and further development or the incorporation of hammer curls, but I do know that over the last year my biceps have peaked more.

Comment

Working...
                              X