No announcement yet.

biceps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammer curls do not add peak. It all has to do with how your bicep is formed. I don't do hammer curls and I have a peak on one and not the other.

Comment

Originally posted by bonebreaker
      That's baloney!! You can indeed add peak to the biceps with the proper technique. BB
      There is a muscle under the bicep called the brachialis that when doing reverse curls it involves more of that muscle. It is believed that by working this muscle more, it can push the bicep up more.

This does not mean you are shaping the bicep though. You need to get some facts before calling someone out bro. :drunk: ;)

Comment

for real im a dumbass i should have thought about the fact that working back involves the bi's <duh> damn i am a superior newbie lol

Comment

Originally posted by shortz

This does not mean you are shaping the bicep though. You need to get some facts before calling someone out bro. :drunk: ;)
          Whoa, where do you get the idea that you're being "called out"? I'm only stating what I know because I HAVE RESEARCHED THE FACTS. Anybody with any experience knows that if you have a weak area(s) in your bicep, or any other area of the body, that you can target the weak spot with specific exercises to strengthen it up to look more proportionate and better. That my friend is "shaping" for lack of a better term. If you have weak calves, you can work them without working the rest of the leg. If certain areas of the calf are weak you can work that area by itself, just as you can any other area of the body. Specific targeting of a weak body part is SHAPING! SHAPING--[ n] any process serving to define the shape of something. BB

Comment

Whoa, where do you get the idea that you're being "called out"? I'm only stating what I know because I HAVE RESEARCHED THE FACTS. Anybody with any experience knows that if you have a weak area(s) in your bicep, or any other area of the body, that you can target the weak spot with specific exercises to strengthen it up to look more proportionate and better. That my friend is "shaping" for lack of a better term. If you have weak calves, you can work them without working the rest of the leg. If certain areas of the calf are weak you can work that area by itself, just as you can any other area of the body. Specific targeting of a weak body part is SHAPING! SHAPING--[ n] any process serving to define the shape of something. BB
            Wrong again. Angle training is also a myth. ;)

Comment

Are you a doctor? No. You cannot shape a muscle by doing exercises.

Comment

Wrong again. Angle training is also a myth. ;)
                Whatever. BB

Comment

Originally posted by Timma
                  Are you a doctor? No. You cannot shape a muscle by doing exercises.
                  What does being a doctor have to do with shaping muscles? If you have small biceps and train properly, you change the shape of it don't you? It gets bigger and that is a shape change. So why would anyone workout if it isn't going to change the shape of their physique? Geez! BB

Comment

If you're a doctor you know you cannot change the shape of your muscle. From your other posts that didn't seem like what you meant by changing shape. You made it sound like doing that certain exercise would change what genetics will give you. All your doing is adding size. It's just gonna look different, hense making it look like you're changing shape, but you actually are not.

Comment

Whatever. BB
                      I wrote a short post on it. If you would like ot read it, I can gladly repost it here.

Comment

I only do two direct bicep exercises, biceps hammer curls (dumbells), and biceps curls (on a machine).

Then I do high row, and seated row which work biceps a little as well.

Comment

Hmmmmm, many good posts here. I think you can shape biceps by working out because the muscle shape changes with hypertrophy. Whether or not you actually have any control over that shaping is another matter altogether and i feel this is largely down to genetics. If the shape doesn't change as some of you state, then how comes someone can have no bicep peak before they start working out and are at low bodyfat, and then maybe two years of working out and a weight gain of maybe 10-20 kilos, at that very same bodyfat, they then have a peak?

Comment

I wrote a short post on it. If you would like ot read it, I can gladly repost it here.
                            Did you post on SM? I'd be interested in reading it.

Comment

I was at the gym the other day and I saw the infamous Mr. Smith. You know, the guy who always uses the Smith machine for everything. Not only is Mr. Smith a serious lifter, :rolleyes: but he seems to be a personal trainer now too. :drunk: He has been giving this other gentleman some of the worse advice I have ever heard. Every myth you can possibly think of he is teaching this guy.

So, I just thought I would explain this myth in Laymen's terms. Angle training. The art of hitting a muscle at different angles for full development. Maybe you lack inner chest and you want to "isolate" the inner chest. How do you do that? Well, the fact of the matter is, you cannot. Flies, you say? Nope, the fly motion activates all muscle fibers in the entire chest to contract, none more than another.

I posted a link below to help explain this one. Muscle fibers run in certain directions, depending on the best mechanical advantage for a particular area. The chest muscles run from left to right or right to left. They run horizontal. When a fiber contracts, the entire fiber contracts. On top of that, fibers work in muscle groups, so, if you activate one area of fibers, the rest will join in to share the load. This goes along with inclines, flat, declines, and including flies.

So, here is another way to see. Try flexing the lateral tricep head of your tricep without flexing the rest. How about try flexing your upper chest and not your lower. Can't do it, can you? Wouldn't it make sense if you could hit certain angles of a muscle to shape the muscle that you could atleast flex a particular part of a muscle?

Shocking muscles into growth is the name of the game. Training a muscle at different angles does nothing more than cause a muscle that has gotten used to a certain movement to cause a different kind of trauma to it to spark new growth, that's all. Some will argue that trainin upper and lower chest can be done because the muscle fibers lay out allows it. I have not made up my mind on this one yet. I think that flat bench has the ability to build great uper pecs pretty much as much as inclines do.

http://www.bartleby.com/107/illus410.html

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one. Any student who orders custom papers from Exclusive-Paper.com will have their project completed by a highly professional and extensively experienced writer or free read 3 paragraph essay sample. Each one of our writers knows what is required to produce an A-grade essay.

Comment

Working...
                                X