Umm HELP PLEASE ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm HELP PLEASE ASAP!

Hey all..I have to be able to run a 6 min mile oct 1st....im currently around 7:30....how the hell can I do this?

1. Height, weight, BF %
    2. How often, and how far have you run for the past few months.
    3. 7mins? If both feet don't regularly leave the ground at the same time, it's called walking.

Comment

Originally posted by Machina
      1. Height, weight, BF %
      2. How often, and how far have you run for the past few months.
      3. 7mins? If both feet don't regularly leave the ground at the same time, it's called walking.
      1.6/0 240
      2.little if any
      3.I understand that lol...

Comment

Run faster.....duh.:)

Comment

Run every other day till 2 days before your test.

Start with 1/2 mile, 3rd day go to a mile, 9th day go to 1 1/2 miles, 15th day go to 2 miles.

1 important rule, don't stop running, no walking at all.

IMPORTANT: 5mins before and after running. Stretch. Hams, calves, quads. If you use a track, try walking a lap before and after your run.(the walking lap doesn't count for distance)

Rest on the two days before your test. Walk a few laps and do stretching. But don't run. Don't eat a protein heavy meal the night before or the day of your run test.

6' and 240 lbs is pretty big.
          Are you big like a bodybuilder? Or like a couch potatoe?

Today should be day 1.

Last edited by Machina; 09-10-03, 10:44 AM.

Comment

You cant be lax with it . Get after it .If you slak a little you wont make it. a 6 min. mile is hauling ass for most people. Get off the treadmill and run outside when you train. It really does make a difference. You are pushing your body weight instead of you feet getting pushed along on a belt.

Ohh yeah, cheat if possible;) :agree:
            Last edited by speedracer59; 09-11-03, 09:19 AM.

Comment

hahaha, how can I cheat?!??!

Comment

Cut throught the woods. Take short cut, whatever. Just remember winners always cheat and cheaters always win.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer59
                  Cut throught the woods. Take short cut, whatever. Just remember winners always cheat and cheaters always win.
                  Heheh, and cheaters always prosper!

Comment

Just remeber. Your heart is a muscle and your lungs are controlled my muscles. Just like any other muscle, it has to be trained to get better and it won't happen over night.

I also agree with running outside. That's the only place I run. On a treadmill, your doing more hoping than running, seeing the ground is moving underneath you.

Comment

Gong. This is one area that i could be of assistance. You need some track work. Must work on sprinting. Sprint 50 yards, jog 50, sprint 50, jog 50. Over and over til you puke. This is not a process of running farther. It is a process of learning to run faster. You need to get your base running speed up above 10 miles per hour and the only way to do it is to spend time sprinting. A 6 minute mile is very fast. 1 1/2 minutes per lap on a track. But remember, it is only 6 minutes. You can do anything for six minutes. Mind over matter. oh and 3 weeks of serious speed work at the track.

Good luck.

Comment

Since I can't think of any training program that don't involve a person getting off their butt, I doubt there's anything further I can suggest here.

I'd feel worse about him, if I wasn't fairly certain this post was just one of many meaningless "hey pay attention to me" posts.

Umm, good luck dude, remember, invest in a computer chair with a really wide seat, it will save you money in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Machina
                          Since I can't think of any training program that don't involve a person getting off their butt, I doubt there's anything further I can suggest here.

I'd feel worse about him, if I wasn't fairly certain this post was just one of many meaningless "hey pay attention to me" posts.

Umm, good luck dude, remember, invest in a computer chair with a really wide seat, it will save you money in the long run.
                          hey buddy chill out man....I appreicate the help...I ran 1/2 mile yesterday, today im at 3/4 of one..I appreciate the suggestions, Im going with it....this was defenietly not one of the "pay attention to me" posts...gotta pass a test to practice!

u in a bad mood today???:(

Comment

yeah no shit machina. who the fuck are you? he is already at 7 1/2 min mile so obviously Gong isnt just sittin around on the couch. he could catch your ass quickly and check you up against the boards hard!

Comment

children children settle down....

I like the incorporating sprints daily idea.... but also you must help your muscles and mind overcome that 1 mile barrier....

the brain will make the muscles start hurting sooner when you realizes the end is near...

this is why members of our military..esp the Marines train at an insane level...because if they train harder....thr real thing will be easier...

I like the pronts, but it is important for you tro also include distance running...i.e greater than 3 miles to help you CNS overomse a limiting barrier that it will naturally acrue.

If after doing all of this preperation you still cannot muster a 6 minute mile... you are mentally weak....

I successfully ran multiple 18 minute 3 mile PT's in the military.... 40% is preperation... but only your mind cant carry you the disatnce.

Comment

Working...
                              X