My Workout - Please Critique!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Workout - Please Critique!!

Hey everyone! I have put together a training routine (it is not complete yet). I wanted to get some input thus far, to see what you all think. Once again, I am all natural, so keep that in mind! :cool:

Mondays – Heavy Upper Body
    Morning
    Chest
    Biceps
    Triceps
    Lats
    Abs
    Cardio

Tuesdays – Day Off

Wednesday – Light Leg Day
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Calves
    Tibia
    Abs
    Cardio

Thursday – Day Off

Friday – Light Upper Body
    Dumbbells
    Shoulders
    Delts
    Abs
    Cardio

Saturday – Heavy Leg Day
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Extensions
    Curls
    Lunges
    Abs
    Cardio

Sunday –
    Abs
    Cardio

Like I said, this is a rough idea, and didn't want to finalize anything before I got all of your opinions! Thanks in advance!

Also, I will be posting my diet in the nutrition section.

it depends on what your current stats and your goals are...

if you're going to be in the gym 4 days a week, you can also try a 4 day body part split ... i was on a 4 day split like this:

chest/tris
    back/bis
    legs
    shoulders

days off whenever i needed it - you can do the same every other day too if you would like. if your goal is to add mass, you might be doing too much cardio...

just my two cents :)

Comment

Originally posted by sana
      it depends on what your current stats and your goals are...

if you're going to be in the gym 4 days a week, you can also try a 4 day body part split ... i was on a 4 day split like this:

chest/tris
      back/bis
      legs
      shoulders

days off whenever i needed it - you can do the same every other day too if you would like. if your goal is to add mass, you might be doing too much cardio...

just my two cents :)
      This looks very simaler to my workout. Im not a big fan of upper body/ lower body workouts. You just cant get the same intensity out of the muscles you do last as you could if you train them by themselves.

Comment

yo mystik.. YGM bro

Comment

Only way light heavy works well is on a 6 day split. On a 4 day split, id try the following:
          Day 1
          Chest, Tri

Day 2
          Back, Bi

Day 3
          OFF

Day 4
          Legs

Day 5
          Delts, Traps, Calves

Day 6
          OFF

Day 7
          OFF

Comment

Looking at your 4 day split, only do calves once a week? I thought they need to be trained more consistently for results?

Also, I see a lack of cardio/abs in that workout scheme...

Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by mystik
              Looking at your 4 day split, only do calves once a week? I thought they need to be trained more consistently for results?

Just curious
              calves are largely genetic. i never train calves, and i would say for a girl, i have pretty impressive ones. if you're going heavy on your squats and leg presses, you will notice that you are incorporating your calves into the movement - for me, that seems to be sufficient - but then i don't want 19" calves either :D

if you are genetically prone to having skinnier legs, there are some recommendations in this forum that nekrawulf posted i believe on how to improve specific body parts that need targeted work.

as far as abs are concerned - do you want to see them? seeing abs is fully based on diet. you may have built up an impressive set of abs, but if they're hidden by bodyfat, you won't see them. so regardless of how much you train them, there's no such thing as targeted fat loss, so you're just gonna have to work on the diet piece. you can always throw in a few sets of crunches or hanging leg raises after every other workout if you feel the need to train them.

cardio and whether or not to do it is largely dependent on your goals. what are you trying to accomplish? build muscle? maintain and lose bodyfat? if you are trying to shed some more bodyfat, i would say that you can throw in some cardio at the end of your workouts - or on your off days.

Comment

Originally posted by mystik

Just curious
                I would say train calves as needed. If they are lacking squeeze them in 2 or three times a week. Go with what works.

Comment

Working...
                X