my workout partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my workout partner

hey , my bro has a lil prob. when we do flat dumbell for chest he has perfect form but when we use a barbell he has a dragging arm and cannot keep straight form. dont know why it works out like this. have any thought or suggestions to help? everyone else just says stick with the dumbells.

Dragging arm? You mean the bar isnt balanced or level? This is actually fairly common.... the dominate arm usually outworks the other..

Comment

yes not level

Comment

It is in his stabilizing muscles... he will have to work with the lighter weight until his arm catches up with the other. This is common with a lot of newbies... especially young ones.
        BTW... I only do dumbell... no bar.

Comment

Weird cause i see that at the gym alot. My buddy does the same thing. With dumblees he balances them like as if nothing and when hes benching with barbell I have to be beind him spotting him cause it all goes to the sides.

Comment

Continue using both dumbells and barbells, but when he's doing barbells, he'll have to do a lower weight than he really wants to until he can keep the bar straight. Use the dumbells for heavier work.

Comment

Ask if he's ever injured his collarbone...I find that anyone who has seldom achieves proper form on the flat bench with bar. They almost always press the bar in a skewed position, lag with one side, or even lay on the bench a little crooked to compensate.

Comment

Yea I agree on lowering the wieght. He may have perfect form doing single arm. But his muscles sound like there just not as use to working together.

Comment

Too much weight maybe, or his arms are different lengths (like a freak), or he needs to learn better technique. He needs to correct it.

Comment

Working...
                  X