Upper pecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper pecs

Whats a good way to get the upper pecs beefed up? Specifically the upper inner part, to create the celvage look? I was told narrow incline, but I figured it'd be tough on the wrist.

try some incline flies, and some cable crossovers.

Comment

general mass is the only answer. Find 2-3 movements that you get a good contraction on in your chest and focus on them.

Comment

^^^Right. Angle training is largely a myth. Sure, you can try to hit the upper pecs by doing inclines, but with the extra work from the delts, do you really think you are stressing the upper pecs more than a flat, in which there is much less delt involved? As for the inner and outter pecs, this is impossible due to the human genetic make up. Muscle fibers run across the chest. If you contract the inner, the outter with contract too and vice versa.

Well developed pecs just comes from years of training.

Comment

Don't know if this will help you or not but it seemed to work for me. Try incline
          dumbbell presses as you automatically keep your hands fairly close together without
          pain to the wrists. Other than that you might try a false grip on incline Smith machine presses and try Vince Gironda's (and Arnold's advice) about bringing the bar
          or dbs down closer to the neck rather than mid-chest. Good luck.

Comment

i personally love incline dumbell presses, those do the trick for me. Also try incline cable flies.

Comment

Incline cable flies. And really focus on squeezing your chest. I like to Cross my hands over too :D

Comment

inline d-bells for me but i only move the bench up 1 notch it almost looks like flat but if i go any higher i feel my shoulders to much!

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
                  inline d-bells for me but i only move the bench up 1 notch it almost looks like flat but if i go any higher i feel my shoulders to much!
                  yeah a 10 degree incline is great to take some of the stress from the shoulder joints and get a good contraction. I love doing those on a smith machine and then do dips.

Comment

just find a few exercises you like... the clevage look comes from having a big chest not from isolating the inner pecs.

Comment

I thought that because the pec is more than one muscle, that you need to use inclines in order to focus stress on the clavicular pec major.

Comment

I seem to have the same problem, but mine has to do with the whole top of the pec. It seems like the top of my chest doesnt want to grow at all. Looks puny as hell. Thes rest of my chest is good but the top is flat. Any suggestions?

Comment

I think alot of it just has to do with genetics and the way your chest grows. One of those things you just keep working at. As the lower section of the muscle starts to plateau the upper part will kick in more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                            I think alot of it just has to do with genetics
                            :agree: Mine is exactly opposite-nice upper pec development but lower portion is less developed overall-even though the strength is proportionate. :dunno:

Comment

Yeah I dont get it. I can lift a lot on chest but the size doesnt match the strength. I see 240lbs monsters lift less then me? Could it be I need to work them out in a certain way or should I drop the weight a lil and go slower?

Comment

Working...
                              X