Dammit why aint my legs growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit why aint my legs growing

My legs are probabaly the only bodypart that hasnt grown fast enough. I got good definition and all but the sieze never grows. This is what I do for my workout:

5 sets of leg extensions: 8-10 reps
    5 sets of leg presses: 6-12 reps
    5 sets of leg curl: 6-12 reps
    5 sets of calves: 6-15 reps

Ive been doing this and nothing so far. The reason why I dont squat yet is because I workout here at home and cannot put some seriousl weight oever my shoulders. I need a squat rack for that, so this week im gonna get one. But why arent my legs grwoing.

you answered your own question..no squats !!

Comment

ditto quatro

Comment

you dont need a quat rack try Zercher squats

Comment

Excerpt taken from Dave Tate:

Zercher Squats: This movement was first introduced to me when I first came to Westside. I remember thinking what the hell is this going to do for me. It wasn’t until years later that I found out. The Zercher Squat is preformed cradling the barbell in your arm and performing a barbell squat. Since the movement is best preformed off the floor, many will find they will have to do it out of a power rack. The key to making this work is to concentrate on flexing the abdominal as hard as possible. The version I like best and the one I found to be the most effective is the seated version. With this version you sit on the end of a bench and cradle the barbell in your arm and bend over at the waist so the bar falls out in front of you. Pull yourself back into the starting position by flexing you abs. My favorite way to do this is with a heavy medicine ball for sets of 8 to 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekrawulf
            you dont need a quat rack try Zercher squats
            those lookpretty cool.

juice i have naturallly skinny bird legs. i have put an inch on my legs doing squats. i dont go heavy because my back but they really build mass and if i can do then with 2 fused vertabra i am sure you can go heavier and get more out of them.

Comment

You want big legs,gotta squat nuff said :cool:

Eat,Learn,Train,Grow
              IntensityX

Comment

Sure quad injections help too. lol
                Oh I usually do a warm up on the bike before I do pre-exhaustion excercises, then its off to see the big boys of squats, leg presses, and hack squats.

Comment

Squats squats and more squats. Its a good thing for building natural test too, helps your body grow

Comment

fuck squats, they build more than your quads

jsut realize this, the leg is capapble of supporting your body weight on its own, you need to at least double the weight of your body, and then times that by 2...and use a weight in that area for growth

you weigh 230, each leg by itself can support that, so 460 per leg, or at least 1.5x ur body weight for any kind of growth

if you gotta do squats use the smith machine, isolate the muscle if you donet wanna build a huge muscluar ass and hips

Comment

Squats seems to be the order of the day, but the 5 sets on each is kind of what catches my attention. You may want to lower the number of sets to make sure you aren't overtraining.

Overtraining = no growth.

cm5

Comment

Originally posted by cookmic5
                        Squats seems to be the order of the day, but the 5 sets on each is kind of what catches my attention. You may want to lower the number of sets to make sure you aren't overtraining.

Overtraining = no growth.

cm5
                        yes good answer cook

juice try dropping down your sets and do 1 or 2 quality sets of each exercise. I know a lot of guys said squats but they are not magic and IMO leg presses are just as good because it takes out your lower back so you can actually move more weight. and when I say quality sets, my example is that I used to do ONE, yes ONE set for my quads. one set of leg presses and that was all I would do. and my quads GREW from that. but after that set I couldn't walk nor stand up. that is a quality set. if you can't stimulate growth in 1 to 2 sets then the extra 3 sets won't do anything but set you back more.

Comment

ya so far so good, imdoing squats in my rountine now

3 sets Leg Extensions

3 lying legcurls

3 squats

2 deadlifts

Ilike the new feel to all this now, feel better than the old routine

Comment

This is such a perfect thread for me...

I used to be afraid of squats.. because they always hurt my back. Now, I have added squats to my routine for 3 months, and boy, let me tell you the difference. I have seen myself go to struggling with 1 plate and 25s to 3 plates with ease.

Not to mention the definition in my legs is getting awesome! I had always been "chubby" before I started training, and I have NEVER seen definition until I added squats!

BTW, those Zercher squats look uncomfortable. :eek:

Comment

the zercher look like front squats with the bar just a little lower. I never liked either one. the point of squatting is to be able to load your quads with enough weight to grow.

Comment

Working...
                              X