db incline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• db incline

I 've been concentrating on my upper chest lately to fill in the gap of where my delts end and my pecs start. My fist exercise is incline bench then db inline. Lately I've been getting real bad headaches when i do incline bench but I don't when I do the dbs. I was wondering (i know everyone is different) can i skip the incline bench and it db incline hard and see similar results?

Just like you said everyone is different but I don't see the benefit of doing two incline moves in one workout.U should stick with balanced chest rutine and hit your chest from all the angles.and yes by doing only one incline exercise you'll get the similar results.

Comment

You're probably either overtraining chest or not getting a well-rounded workout if you're always doing two different movements for upper pecs. I would definitely just do one movement--you could also try incline db or cable x-over flyes.

Comment

i prefer DB's when doing incline bench press.

Comment

I prefer DB incline too and like they said above.. Rotate exersizes, Dont overtrain smaller muscle groups. Cable flys,crossovers are a great addition.

Comment

I think the real problem at hand is the headache, My guess would be that you are putting strain on your neck trying to get an arch in your back (probably to get a few extra reps) on the bench. I have seen people arching off the of there heads before and it is an injury waiting to happen. Try concentrating on keeping the weight on your shoulderblades during the movment, and not on the neck/head. As for the workout, switch things up every week for best results. Good Luck!

Comment

make sure your not going past 45 degree angle as well. Most incline benches are wayyyyyyy to much of an incline. I use about a 30 degree bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin

same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin
                  and me too!!!!!!

Comment

Headaches sometimes come from High BP..Keep an eye on that.

Comment

Originally posted by mastakillah
                      make sure your not going past 45 degree angle as well. Most incline benches are wayyyyyyy to much of an incline. I use about a 30 degree bench.
                      yep me too. i see way to many people doin shoulders when they think its upper pecs.

Comment

some people say your chest will grow better from barbell exercises as opposed to dumbell exercises, since you can use more weight...

I'd say alternate between db and bb exercises for upper chest...and check out the Jan 2006 MuscleMag Magazine for their article on chest workouts

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
                          yep me too. i see way to many people doin shoulders when they think its upper pecs.
                          True, but I also see a lot of people who don't use enough of an angle as well. What's even worse is the guys who put their ass on the tip of the seat and arch their back. That's practically a flat press. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees
                            some people say your chest will grow better from barbell exercises as opposed to dumbell exercises, since you can use more weight...

I'd say alternate between db and bb exercises for upper chest...and check out the Jan 2006 MuscleMag Magazine for their article on chest workouts
                            That's what I do. Every other workout I alternate between db and bb. I do the same for curls.

Comment

Working...
                            X