Training every other day ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training every other day ?s

Ok I have gone to training everyother day now for the cooler months, but (always a but) I want keep doing my cardio-hate cardio. Ok will I still recover as well if I decide to do cardio on the mornings I'm not lifting? Or should I wake up extra early on my lifting days and do cardio after lifting that morning? Some say do cardio after lifting, some say before?!?!?! I have noticed when I do cardio before I seem to have a better pump and my muscles are warmed up better. Anyway what do you guys and gals do during bulking besides eating. :bbq:

It's very necessary to have days of total rest--probably at least 2/wk during bulking. That being said, is it possible to do cardio in the evening and keep lifting in the morning? If not, I guess I would say to go ahead and do the cardio after lifting, but I never liked that idea a lot because I like to eat and start growing again immediately after lifting.

Comment

What about cardio before workouts.

Originally posted by BBAddict
      It's very necessary to have days of total rest--probably at least 2/wk during bulking. That being said, is it possible to do cardio in the evening and keep lifting in the morning? If not, I guess I would say to go ahead and do the cardio after lifting, but I never liked that idea a lot because I like to eat and start growing again immediately after lifting.
      I work two jobs one right after the other so I really can't get cardio in before bedtime. Right now my life sucks as far as the job shit goes. I work for a textile company in graphics and everything is going overseas to Pakistan and Mexico among others. I have just started up my own business and that is the afternoon job. Thanks for the advice though. RedMeat

Comment

Never do cardio after lifting, get home and eat! You can do 15-20 minutes before but any more than that and you risk losing energy when you lift. I like doing cardio on days I don't lift, except the day after legs. I do a fast walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes.

Comment

There is alot of info about doing some cardio after weights. Some of it good, some of it bad. I can't really decide which is best, but I think both sides have their arguments. One side discusses getting the blood flowing and helps to get the blood flowing through the muscles worked. As stated in another post (I think I made that here), when your muscle gets a pump, the muscle traps the blood inside and prevents blood from getting in and the cardio will do good. On the other hand, many would rather get home to feed their bodies and feel that doing cardio only puts the body in a catabolic state from lactic build up etc.

Do something in between if you can't decide, like 10 mins of a quick and intense session before leaving and leave the low intensity and longer sessions for off days.

As for rest, I think the body needs atleast 1 day off per week of everything. During bulking, it's ok to do some light cardio, like a fast pace walk on nontraining days and it shouldn't hinder gains, but help to maintain your metabolism.

Comment

Working...
          X