Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lagging left leg

Hey guys,

since having my knee surgery, I've really been trying to hammar my legs and get them back...they're nowhere near where I should have them and what's worse, my left (surgery) leg is 2" smaller than my right leg.

Is the solution iso leg press? I can feel myself pushing harder (based on fatigue levels) with my dominant leg and just can't seem to get the muscle mind connection there when I leg press/squat/smith squat. I do iso movements for quads and hammys afterwards, should I change anything?

Cheers

You should lower the weight so that it evens out the push. Pay close attention to form. You will end up hurting other parts of your body if your form is off from left leg being too weak during a lift.

Comment

i don't feel off kilter at all...and other than the fatigue, I can't really tell that my right leg is doing most of the work...but by the time it comes to leg raises, my right leg is fried.

Should I stick with leg press or go back to squats? and how deep should I go, I'm a little worried about my knee still.

thanks shib, btw

Comment

Just listen two your legs. You are techniqly still rehabing. If you do single leg iso's just make sure you are doing the same weight for both legs.

Comment

man...rehab sucks. i look like ii'm one of those beach assholes because my upper body is so much bigger than my legs. i can make my legs tired, but not sore like i used to...i have a dr's appointment on the 8th so we'll see what he says, though last time it was "you really have to push it" which is the wrong thing to tell me...

Thanks Shib...

Comment

I had a left knee operation many years ago. Might take a while but will come around. Don't over train that leg. My left knee still to this day feels different BTW. Take care.

Comment

Working...
            X