Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What too do?

Hi everyone,

I am a new member and i am having a bit of bother on what to do for v best.

1 I want to build my legs up in the gym as these are the one thing that i am not happy with.

2 I have just done my very first 10k road race which i did in 50.19, not good i know but really enjoyed it.

3 How do i build my legs up in the gym but also carry on with the running when i have lost over 5 kilos doing the cardio? :hmmm:

I am 5.11 tall, weigh 184 pounds eating five meals a day and have just started to take whey protein once a day. Is it possible to put on enough weight on my legs when iam trying to keep up with running etc.
    i am doing plenty of squatting leg pressing to build up my little legs any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by paul mccaig; 11-08-05, 04:27 PM.

could a mod move to the training section

Comment

first off, how is your nutrition? if you are putting that much strain on your body with all the cardio, you should have an awesome meal program. next, how often are you training legs? you risk overtraining if you beat them up too often. third, you need a mass-building, heavy workout, because you dont want to mimic the endurance exercise (running) that you're already doing. i ran a couple of 5 and 10k's (had to stop b/c of my knees) but i saw the best results when i lifted very heavy legs once a week and focused on quads (most runners have overdeveloped hams and lack quads). i also teach Spinning classes (cycling) which balances out the hams and quads for runners. try heavy leg extensions, hack squats and front squats while keeping a 6-8 HEAVY rep range. let us know how that works out!
      ~MINX

Comment

Working...
      X