Pain while doing dips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain while doing dips

Heya, I feel a sharp pain right above my pecs (right under the collarbone) when I'm ion the last few reps for dips (and esp when I let go of the bar). Is this common? Am I doing something wrong?

--Zen

Yeha i get the same pain there brother. I feel it right on the bone on the upper chest area, where the shoulder mets with the chest. This also depends on how apart I have the arms, when I put them too wide it hurts and prevents me from doing reps, but when I have them closer I do them but with no pain at all. But I know the feeling

Comment

How far are you leaning forward, or are you doing them striaght
      up and down?

Comment

Leaning forward an ok amount. Could be more, could be less (how do you measure that?)

--Zen

Comment

http://familydoctor.org/flowcharts/518.html

Most likely you have a rotator cuff problem.

Comment

It is common to have this pain while doing chest dips... It is caused by strain to the connecting tissue between the pecs and the shoulders.... the only thing to watch for is to be careful when unmounting the bare and to release the pressure slowly

Comment

I personally lean as much as my body will let me. I have found that leaning forward works my chest more than my tri's. Get a hell of a pump in chest. Less pain to by leaning to, have had shoulder surgery in college football days, try to protect it, try
              whats best for for you.

Comment

Working...
              X