my ankle is now officially fu%^$d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my ankle is now officially fu%^$d

well, i'd been making awesome gains for a while, was losing bodyfat and putting on muscle with progress i hadn't seen since i started lifting seriously a few years ago, and i attributed it mostly to the heavy emphasis i'd placed on my leg work... instead i got a jackass who didn't know how to land properly playing rec-ball and i've now got multiple partially torn ligaments in my ankle, it's twice its usual size, bruised all around, can't put any weight on it (showering was oh such a joy this morning), and the dr.'s won't even know how bad the ligaments are torn until the swelling goes down.
    so now i'm gonna have to trim up my workouts, i still went to the gym this morning after urgent-care, and i can't even really move the plates around, so i ended up doing mostly machine work cause i didn't want to bother. short of getting a training partner to do the grunt work i don't know what else to do, but i guess my upper body is gonna get a lot more working out than before... i guess i'm gonna have to watch my diet even more carefully than before because i won't be getting any cardio either.
    anyone else ever have to train through an injury in another body-part? what did you do to work around the injury if it was in one of your legs?

I went through a really bad sprain about 2yrs ago--landed on some guys foot that came across the net during volleyball. I don't think there's much to do as far as lifting, just have to deal with doing just upper body for a while. I was able to get a cute training partner that had sympathy on me to help with loading up the bar and stuff.
    As far as cardio, I did some cardio using a machine that the gym had that was basically the same motion as bicycling but with your arms. Most of my cardio though was done in the pool. I just swam with my upper body and did as little or as much as I felt my ankle could handle. Actually, that was a good way to start the rehab for my ankle as well. I transitioned to pool running, which was good cardio and just put a little bit of weight on the ankle.
    Good luck man-sorry to hear about the injury, but I'm sure you'll get back soon! And trust me, you'll appreciate being able to do leg workouts so much more now!

Comment

thanx bro, my gym just got rid of one of those machines you were talking about, maybe i'll find a hottie workout partner... hehehehe. thanx again.

Comment

Working...
      X