Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice forearm development machine....

....http://www.theformulator.com/

looks pretty cool. I am going to pick one up and I will do a review for everybody.

It seems like it's intended to do the same things I do with a barbell.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
      It seems like it's intended to do the same things I do with a barbell.
      yeah but with barbells your finger strength is a weak link. the design of the pads is to elimanate that weak link and to isolate the forearm muscles exclusivley. also the design allows you to use a lot less weight and it has the same feel. some of the people that i know that have already used it say that 10 pounds on the formulator feels like 30-40 pounds of regular weight.

Comment

interesting

Comment

Seems like a waste of money to me. I'll wait for your review before condeming it though :)

Comment

It'll be interesting to hear what you think. To me, I don't seem to find the fingers a weak link and I'd prefer to develop the grip strength for things like pull-ups, rows, deads, etc. I wonder how different the feel will be for you.

Comment

It'll be interesting to hear what you think. To me, I don't seem to find the fingers a weak link and I'd prefer to develop the grip strength for things like pull-ups, rows, deads, etc. I wonder how different the feel will be for you.
              yeah grip strength and forearm development are two different things. I want bigger forearms so I want to try this out.

Comment

SC, do you do... well I don't know what you call it, so I will just describe it. Use a barbell, behind the back, palms facing your back and then curling up. If so, how do you like it?

Comment

I do about 15 minutes of forearm workout most bicep days. I think my forearms are actually too big for my bicep size. Just call me popeye!

Shibby, the exercise you described is great but when I go really heavy it hurts my elbows. :dunno:

Comment

Take a look at these. They have a similar model you may like better http://www.heavygrips.com/ Has the ability to do a single arm at a time and cheaper.
                    Last edited by NYCmitch25; 11-27-05, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Shibby, the exercise you described is great but when I go really heavy it hurts my elbows. :dunno:
                      I love them and they work great for me. My elbows don't hurt, but then again the only time I have ever had joint pain was while using letro.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25
                        Take a look at these. They have a similar model you may like better http://www.heavygrips.com/ Has the ability to do a single arm at a time and cheaper.
                        This is an interesting device and I'm sure it has its place in various workouts, but the formulator seems like it would be better for forearms because you don't have to worry about your fingers taking over the lift. It is true that grip and finger movements increase forearm strength, but one could just use a barbell for that. The formulator appears to hit the bulk of the forearm more directly.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
                          ....http://www.theformulator.com/

looks pretty cool. I am going to pick one up and I will do a review for everybody.
                          I think a review on this product would be great. You can't have big enough forearms. I work mine twice a week.

Comment

"Strong lower arms can often be the difference between
                            being good and achieving greatness."

i think what they meant to say was "Strong lower arms can often be the difference between just squeezing one off or blowing your load clear across the room!"

Comment

Originally posted by metalmarty
                              This is an interesting device and I'm sure it has its place in various workouts, but the formulator seems like it would be better for forearms because you don't have to worry about your fingers taking over the lift. It is true that grip and finger movements increase forearm strength, but one could just use a barbell for that. The formulator appears to hit the bulk of the forearm more directly.
                              take a closer look.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NYCmitch25; 11-28-05, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X