Forearm Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forearm Pain

:nutkick: After training biceps I have been getting stabbing pain in my forearms. I would liken it to shin splints. It feels like it is the bone.

It is ok whilst performing my sets, however as soon as I release my grip the stabbing pain shoots into my forearm.

Anyone else experience this and what did you do (besides lay off weights) to remedy the pain. I am thinking rubbing some sort of oil into the area after training arms.

:nerdnew:

I also have this problem, but only in one wrist, it's probably because you overchraged it and there's probably not a decent remedy besides cutting back a little for a while

Comment

do you hand and fingers get numb also? does it start from your elbow or wrist?
      Last edited by NYCmitch25; 12-11-05, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I had pain like that in my bi's, forearms and elbows. I got it worked on and it was a strain in my tendons. I just stretch more now. throughout my whole workout I stretch.

Comment

I use to get this as well, I found it was from doing preacher curls. I just don't do them anymore, or I use the hammer strength machine.

Comment

i get this also and i just started back so i can't lay off

Comment

Perhaps the best way to deal with it is to act tough when your friends are around and say that pain doesn't matter, we're all big boys here, we can stand a little pain can't we?

Comment

It is more than likely seperation of the radius and ulna from the interoseus membrane in the forearm. This is exactly what happens in the lower leg with shin splints. The reason it hurts right now is probably because you are lifting more weight than bones can handel without "bending" at the moment. The bending is what causes the bones to seperate from the membran. A little rest is all it takes to heel. Its not that serious and if you are set on continuing to lift you can wrap the forearm which will lessen the bending effect on the bones.

nda

Comment

I used to have the same problem when i first started training. I had it looked at and was told that the muscle was growing faster them my tendons and ligaments. After the pain went away i started stretching and working out forearms once a week and i havent had a problem since.

Comment

I used to get that feeling all the time bro, forearms feel like they are ripping away from the bone, make sure you are getting enough food in you and rest... forearms get beat down doing back and arms so they can be overtrained easily if you aren't careful, I know in my case this was a problem.

Comment

It's usually a form of tendonitis along the bone...there are tendons and fascia there, and they can hurt a lot if you are increasing weight or doing an exercise you're not used to. Only advice I can give is rest it, don't do curls for a couple weeks, and ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Savage
                        :nutkick: After training biceps I have been getting stabbing pain in my forearms. I would liken it to shin splints. It feels like it is the bone.

It is ok whilst performing my sets, however as soon as I release my grip the stabbing pain shoots into my forearm.

Anyone else experience this and what did you do (besides lay off weights) to remedy the pain. I am thinking rubbing some sort of oil into the area after training arms.

:nerdnew:

are you doing any direct forearm work?

Comment

You will find this as jwoody mentioned from doing preachers, spiders or straight bar curls... try avoiding these for a few weeks and see if it doesn't let up... F_T

Comment

I have the same exact pain as you dr. savage. To lessen the pain when doing bar curls I do not grip the bar hard. Sometimes I make a cup with my hands and curl. My range of motion is not affected and the forearms do not throb after each set. Hope this helps.

I also noticed that I did not get any pain when doing forearm curls. It was strange since this was the part of my arm that hurt. This led me to whole using a "softer" grip thing.
                            Last edited by jamur87; 12-27-05, 06:59 PM.

Comment

thanks for your replies bros. I laid off heavy sets for the week.

Did arms today and they still hurt a bit. I really know the answer to my own question...rest, however just wanted to see what you guys did when you felt the pain. Alin..in response, I used to superset reverse curls with hammer curls for my only forearm work. At the moment all I can muster is higher reps with low weight. I will see how I go next week. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X