hip flexor and leg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hip flexor and leg?

about 4 months ago i injured my hip flexor pretty badd i stayed away from any leg movements in the gym. i now want to catch my legs back up to the way they were. do you guys think 2 times a week is over trainin for legs. my normal quad day goes like this
    squats
    leg presses
    leg extensions
    every now and then i switch to a super set of leg extensions with leg presses. and very rarely i do lunges. any ideas or suggestions are welcomed.

I would keep it one day a week. Especially if you injured your leg, and working them twice a week would not necessarily mean they grew faster, especially if you are doing other movements during the week like deadlifts or SLDL.

Where are your hamstring movements?

Comment

stiff leg deads and leg curls. i havent did any of these either do to my hip flexor but gonna start my whole leg routine again this week but very light. and probably skippin squats for a week or two to see how my hip feels. i already tryed runnin to soon and irretated it a while back so im gonna be real safe this time. ill stick to once a week and hopefully they will come back fast.

Comment

Sounds good man. Take it easy, and ease back into it. No point in reinjuring it.

Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
          about 4 months ago i injured my hip flexor pretty badd i stayed away from any leg movements in the gym. i now want to catch my legs back up to the way they were. do you guys think 2 times a week is over trainin for legs. my normal quad day goes like this
          squats
          leg presses
          leg extensions
          every now and then i switch to a super set of leg extensions with leg presses. and very rarely i do lunges. any ideas or suggestions are welcomed.
          Think about what you just said. If there was a faster way than the right way, wouldn't THAT be the right way...

Comment

You may want to work on the hip flexer alone. Stuff like knee raises and leg raises will help to build it back up. I know that they are for abs but alot of kickers in college do this to help their kicking range by bulding up the hip flexer. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleX
              You may want to work on the hip flexer alone. Stuff like knee raises and leg raises will help to build it back up. I know that they are for abs but alot of kickers in college do this to help their kicking range by bulding up the hip flexer. Just a suggestion.
              ya shibby suggested thoes to me when it first happened i will do some of thoes also thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X