Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an article on symetrical muscle stimulation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an article on symetrical muscle stimulation?

I'm not sure if that was the right way to put. But I'm looking for something that talks about how use and hypertrophy of one side of the body, stimulates hypertrophy on the other side.

it sounds like an indirect muscle gain theory....what aurthor jones used to talk about in the 70's with squatting. He was one of the firsts, if not the first, to say that squatting to a certain extent with increase hypertrophy throughout the body. I still think it has to do with the intensity of the exercise and the resultant hormone release. or it also could be a protein synthesis overshoot in response to a intense exercise. I haven't heard of training the left side to stimluate the right side though. also these gains from indirect training are miniscule in the overall results you will get from regular training.

Comment

Thanks, I will do some more searches on those. I have read some stuff that made a quick mention towards it regarding rehabs. But I have never found anything good to read about it. I didn't know if it was just mostly theory, didn't know the right words to research, or simply like you said, the results aren't significant enough to worry about. But I was still interested in the effect that causes it.

Comment

Working...
      X