Max Rack 3-D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Rack 3-D?

Has anyone come across this interesting contraption?
    www.maxrack.com

Rather, set of contraptions. There's a bunch of these things on the site.

Comment

Looks wasome and a safer way of getting free weight motion, Havn't ever tried it yet though

Comment

Looks pretty cool

Comment

looks intresting! i would like to see one in person.

Comment

I would love to get one of those for my home gym. I'd like to give it a test drive, but I've never seen them in any gym... or anywhere at all, actually.

Comment

Wow, that looks awesome.

Comment

How is that so much better than free weights. The exercises that I would use a Smith machine for I usually want to eliminate the other degrees of freedom. If I want that many degrees of freedom, I use free weights. I don't find it worth a whole lot.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
                  How is that so much better than free weights. The exercises that I would use a Smith machine for I usually want to eliminate the other degrees of freedom. If I want that many degrees of freedom, I use free weights. I don't find it worth a whole lot.
                  I agree with you - however, I also use the Smith Machine from time to time when I don't have a spotter etc and need to go heavy with lifts that can be dangerous if I can't complete the ROM. I know that if I had a home gym that the Smith Machine would have to be a main staple just for safety's sake...

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                    I know that if I had a home gym that the Smith Machine would have to be a main staple just for safety's sake...
                    I totally agree--there's been numerous times I was really glad I had something there because I couldn't complete the ROM. I just don't think that anything I would do would require that. Even with things where you need more degrees of freedom, there's still bars or something on most powercages that would let you "drop" the weight without injuring yourself. Even when I'm with a spotter, on a lift like squats, I'll put the bars at the very bottom of my ROM, to make sure that I go all the way down--and better safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
                      I totally agree--there's been numerous times I was really glad I had something there because I couldn't complete the ROM. I just don't think that anything I would do would require that. Even with things where you need more degrees of freedom, there's still bars or something on most powercages that would let you "drop" the weight without injuring yourself. Even when I'm with a spotter, on a lift like squats, I'll put the bars at the very bottom of my ROM, to make sure that I go all the way down--and better safe than sorry.
                      Agreed - I didn't think about a powercage etc for home use...

Comment

Working...
                      X