Workout schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout schedule

I like to switch my workout schedule at the gym every other week so my body doesn't get used to the same thing. That also goes for the different exercises I do each time I work a bodypart. And from experience I notice I get better results.

I was currently going to the gym 5 times a week with 2 off days either side by side or split up. Now I want to try going to the gym 4 times a week with 1 off day but I'm not quite sure if thats over doing it? When I do take off days though it sucks because I feel more pumped and ready to hit the gym and can't wait until the day after when I start the cycle again.

why don't you try somehting like 2 days on 1 day off?

Comment

Originally posted by 1badMF
      I like to switch my workout schedule at the gym every other week so my body doesn't get used to the same thing. That also goes for the different exercises I do each time I work a bodypart. And from experience I notice I get better results.

I was currently going to the gym 5 times a week with 2 off days either side by side or split up. Now I want to try going to the gym 4 times a week with 1 off day but I'm not quite sure if thats over doing it? When I do take off days though it sucks because I feel more pumped and ready to hit the gym and can't wait until the day after when I start the cycle again.

i only train 4 days per week..body needs rest to rebuild.

Comment

so far I trained 4 days last week and took 1 day off and today is the forth day but since I had court twice this week it kinda threw my schedule I wanted off a little bit so I couldn't get 2 workouts in yesterday and have to go tomorrow to finish off on back. Then I think I'll take monday and tuesday off and just load up on nutrients then start back to four days again. 2 days on and 1 day off sounds good so I might try that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badMF

your attempt to confuse the body is a bit over done....a good program should last 6 weeks. if you change things up too much you won't know what is working and what is not. your results should be in the form of tracking your workouts as well as your diet and comparable photos. to many people trust what they "See" and what they believe is strength increases. The fact that you are pumped on your days off is great. But you need to redirect that energy to something else and keep your days of rest up. I think 3 days a week is plenty if you are training with enough intensity. a balanced life is part of the equation that training is added to.

Comment

Well, I've got the best results and accomplishments when I switch up and keep things different all the time. I do keep logs and write down sets, reps, current weight, and each week I accomplish more out of every workout than the previous and keep my workouts intense. I have a great diet so far containing high amounts of complex carbs, high calorie, high protein diet. I've read alot on these forums and learned alot, I also read alot of books and do my homework. I'm currently 202 lbs, 5'11" , 10% bf. I've caught up alot on my form and everything is evening out and I got my triceps and pecs balanced which were a little off as well as my calvs.

My current goal is to weigh in at 225 with 8%bf at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
            X