weaker leg in squats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weaker leg in squats

When I squat heavy, I lean to the right as I'm standing up, as if my right leg is stronger than my left. I've tried pushing harder with my left, but when I'm low and just trying to get the weight up, I still lean to the right, about 3-5 inches off center. What should I do, stack more weight on the left and go light on the right?

Work your legs seperately and find out how they compare... Could be weak area's in many different parts of your legs... Do your legs pull in under heavy loads... not real bad, kinda like a woman trying to use one of those thigh masters or something??

Do you do the same routine often, and do you use too much weight.... Pretty major problem with people using too much weight when they squat and do it incorrectly... Over time they develope their bodys to this adapted training method..

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees
      When I squat heavy, I lean to the right as I'm standing up, as if my right leg is stronger than my left. I've tried pushing harder with my left, but when I'm low and just trying to get the weight up, I still lean to the right, about 3-5 inches off center. What should I do, stack more weight on the left and go light on the right?
      DON'T USE AN UNEVEN LOAD ON SQUATS....its pretty simple actually. either you need to use weights that are low enough so you can push equally with both legs or you need to use a machine such as a leg press or something equivalent to achieve a balance between your legs. but IMO its your form that is lacking a bit or that you increased weight to fast. try dropping the weights for a few weeks and work your way back up slowly making sure your form is perfect...a good way is to just do the squatting movement with no weight or bar....just get in a mirror and simulate it...it will help later when you actually get under a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpdogg
        Do your legs pull in under heavy loads... not real bad, kinda like a woman trying to use one of those thigh masters or something??
        Is this indicative of a weakness in a particular muscle group?

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpdogg
          Do your legs pull in under heavy loads... not real bad, kinda like a woman trying to use one of those thigh masters or something??
          not really, I don't think my legs are weak or anything, I just think that my right quad is a bit stronger than my left, and looking back, there are sports situations in which I've used my right quad and not my left. I think my hamstrings, for example, are equal, since when I do isolateral lying ham curls, they reach failure after the same number of reps, usually

I think it might very well be that I'mcompromising to get the weight up. I started lifting in football waaaaaaaay back, which was obviously more along the lines of powerlifting, and getting the weight lifted, as opposed to making your muscles look good, and I think that mentality sticks with me when I get to heavy weight...I think about "performing the task" as opposed to using the weight to stimulate my muscles...makes sense?

Comment

I completely agree with SC. Sounds like a form issue that you taught yourself without realizing it, and uneven sides is just asking for a bad injury to you and anyone that might be around you.

Comment

Working...
            X