Pain in right Shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain in right Shoulder

its been going on for a while now. I dont know if i messed it up doing bench presses or front military presses. Everytime i bench it hurts bad. Yesterdays workout i was in pain. On my last set i was at 295 for 4 reps. The last one i really couldnt do it, i just gave up.

It hurts right where the chest and shoulder meet. I cannot do certain movements without it poopin or feeling weird, movements like side laterals or even pulldowns.

I havent gone to the doc to check it out cause i dont have insurance or even money at the moment. Should i rest it up or go lightly on it.

For the military presses some dudes there told me to avoid them because it fucks u up. I was going heavy which to me is heavy, going 6-8 reps with about 175.

Originally posted by JUICE
    its been going on for a while now. I dont know if i messed it up doing bench presses or front military presses. Everytime i bench it hurts bad. Yesterdays workout i was in pain. On my last set i was at 295 for 4 reps. The last one i really couldnt do it, i just gave up.

It hurts right where the chest and shoulder meet. I cannot do certain movements without it poopin or feeling weird, movements like side laterals or even pulldowns.

I havent gone to the doc to check it out cause i dont have insurance or even money at the moment. Should i rest it up or go lightly on it.

For the military presses some dudes there told me to avoid them because it fucks u up. I was going heavy which to me is heavy, going 6-8 reps with about 175.

Don't do anything that aggravates your shoulder for at least 6 months. It sounds like a possible rotator cuff and that is NOT something to fuck around with bro. If you can't see a Dr., play it safe and concentrate on squats and other exercises that don't involve your shoulder.

Comment

^good advise. sounds like shoulder impingement. its correctable ... get it checked

Comment

rest, rest, rest...for a long time...I know it's not what you want to hear, but

-does your shoulder only hurt when lifting, or is the pain there at rest too?
        -does it hurt when you move your arm certain ways when you're not lifting?
        -do you have less strength of range of motion as a result of the injury?

the other thing is, it's almost impossible to hear someone's symptoms and give an accurate diagnosis, much less read someone's posts, but do what you can to get it checked out...the shoulder is a complicated joint with a lot of tiny muscles and tendons in it

Comment

I agree with NYC, it sounds like an impingement. Rotator cuff injuries don't usually present themselves where you have described the pain. But with the popping it sounds like it could be a damaged labrum (cartilage). Is there any kind of clicking when you move your shoulder without weight? If it is impingement or a damaged labrum, and it's still early, taking a couple months minumum will prevent you having to get surgery. If it's still mostly attatched and has a good blood supply, it will pretty much heal itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
            I agree with NYC, it sounds like an impingement. Rotator cuff injuries don't usually present themselves where you have described the pain. But with the popping it sounds like it could be a damaged labrum (cartilage). Is there any kind of clicking when you move your shoulder without weight? If it is impingement or a damaged labrum, and it's still early, taking a couple months minumum will prevent you having to get surgery. If it's still mostly attatched and has a good blood supply, it will pretty much heal itself.

yeah it pops even when im not working out. If i were to tell u to put your finger on the side delt, i will do a certain movement to the arm and u could feel it pop. When i do that i feel it scrap inside me.

Even when im stretching beffore working out chest it hurts. Maybe im going to heavy when benching.

Comment

It definatly dosn't sound good. You definatly need to give it absolute rest. You can go to the doctor if you want, but see an orthopedic. He will need you to get an MRI to tell for sure though. So it can get expensive. All a general preactioner will do is prescribe you a prescription strength anti-inflamatory. You can get the same thing by taking 4 advil.
              Last edited by Shibby; 02-01-06, 01:27 AM.

Comment

yeah it pops even when im not working out. If i were to tell u to put your finger on the side delt, i will do a certain movement to the arm and u could feel it pop. When i do that i feel it scrap inside me.

Even when im stretching beffore working out chest it hurts. Maybe im going to heavy when benching.

What happened to your avatar???? :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by Control
                  What happened to your avatar???? :dunno:

i had to put it back on ;) I like this one better

Comment

go to the doc. get a cortizone shot and rest for awile. do alot of band work and forget about benching for awile. i had the same thing happen doing weighted dips. impingements hurt like hell. take care of yourself

Comment

see a doctor.

Comment

Working...
                      X