Bench press today. bad pain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1badMF
    I'll see what the doctor tells me today when I go in. I'm going to do legs today since they seem to be the only thing that hasn't broken down yet lol. I've been told that going all the way down on bench works deep inside your chest but it does make sense that when you do that, you get more into your shoulders because I do feel it more in my shoulders than chest when I go all the way.
    Try benching while laying flat on the floor. It will keep you from using almost anything except your chest.

However for the most part - and I don't mean to be an ass here...

I think that you're a fucking tool....

:nerdnew:
    Last edited by coffee-guy; 02-08-06, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
      :agree: No reason to go down to the chest in terms of muscle development. I don't feel the need or any advantage from going beyond a right angle in my arms during benching. In fact, that's how I reinjured a rotator cuff and I avoid going deeper now to save my shoulders and rotator cuff. Try doing presses only to where your arms are perpendicular after your shoulder feels better.
      I bench pretty much the same way. My goal is to just get a tiny bit more stretch than 90 degrees, but I will stop it short instead of going to far.

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
        Try benching while laying flat on the floor. It will keep you from using almost anything except your chest.

However for the most part - and I don't mean to be an ass here...

:nerdnew:
        What the fuck is that supposed to mean.

Comment

Originally posted by bowbow
          What the fuck is that supposed to mean.
          Which part?

Comment

Originally posted by metalmarty
            A lot of people avoid the bench press for the same reason. I stuck with dumbells for a while at one point. But if you can do the barbell press without pain, it is probably the best mass builder for the chest.
            Can you elaborate on why a barbell press is better than a dumbbell press?

Comment

I wen't to the doctor today and she gave me a referral to the ortho. She said based on what she knows, it seems like a tear in the muscle but without the ortho and x-rays and stuff, I won't really know.

Comment

Which part?
                Lets see, The part about me being a fucking tool.

Comment

Sorry to butt in but.. Maybe you should start a new thread under Tool. My arm is fucked up yo! I need information!

Anyways, seeing how my shoulder could be a possible muscle tear or worse... What could that mean as far as time out from the gym? Could I train with light weights or should I avoid using it all together? I did some shoulders the other day and it was a little sore but not to the point where I had to stop or to the point where the pain was aweful. I avoided military presses too and stuck with dumbells and after training it was fine. It's just when I bench press is where everything gets fucked.

Comment

I am sorry - that comment was not directed towards you. I was actually referring to the author of this thread. I didn't realize that I had quoted you. If you would like an explanation as to why I think that 1bad is a tool then I might be concerned for you. However, I merely quoted you to start my thread - I was not intending to call you a tool. I suppose this would explain why you were asking what I meant by my comment - I was confused as to why you were worried about it - I thought maybe you two were friends or something.

Comment

I am sorry - that comment was not directed towards you. I was actually referring to the author of this thread. I didn't realize that I had quoted you. If you would like an explanation as to why I think that 1bad is a tool then I might be concerned for you. However, I merely quoted you to start my thread - I was not intending to call you a tool. I suppose this would explain why you were asking what I meant by my comment - I was confused as to why you were worried about it - I thought maybe you two were friends or something.
                      My bad, Thats cool. I only come here once in awhile and I'm not familiar with everyone that well to know who all the tools are around here except for Rado. lol

Comment

It's cool. People have the right to have their opinions.

:nutkick:

Comment

Working...
                        X