5 days a week twice a day, too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 days a week twice a day, too much?

I have been weight lifting at a steady pace of four days a week. I have a one week long reading break coming up and have nothing to do but go to the gym and study. I enjoy being in the gym alot and was wondering if it would be a waste of time to lift weights twice a day, say once at 9am and once at 6pm?

for one week, you could do it, just make sure your split is smart. i wouldn't recommend it as a weekly thing to do though

Comment

What are your goals? What are you trying to achieve? Twice a day for 5 days a week is usually too much for the average guy. If you're going for anabolism then I wouldn't recommend it. That's overtraining.

Comment

It's nice to split it up once in awhile to do things like chest in the morning and shoulders in the afternoon or quads in the morning and hams in the evening. But I definitely wouldn't do it for very long unless you're on gear and have great genes. I find that I work a lot harder and take longer to recover when I'm splitting it like that, so doing it twice a day, five days a week would drain me quickly. No point in tearing the muscle down again if it isn't recovered yet.

Comment

This would be just for that one week, because i have soo much time on my hands. After it i would go back to my regualer 4 days a week.

Comment

I would just really hit the cardio hard first thing in the morning and then go back and lift later.

Comment

I never really do to much cardio I play basketball three times a week, the reason why is because i am trying to bulk up and I was told that I should steer clear of cardio, is this a good or bad idea?

Comment

yes that would probably be best for your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by snowkid10
                  This would be just for that one week, because i have soo much time on my hands. After it i would go back to my regualer 4 days a week.
                  find something else to do....the fact that you have free time doesn't mean overtraining is acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by snowkid10
                    the reason why is because i am trying to bulk up and I was told that I should steer clear of cardio, is this a good or bad idea?
                    I think it's a bad idea--I understand the desire to put on mass but I also think it's best to do cardio all the time and just eat accordingly. If you eat more cals than you burn, you're going to put on mass. IMO, putting on lean mass and keeping yourself healthy is best done with cardio and appropriate eating habits. Let me find an article for you...

Comment

Thanks BBaddict I used to play hockey competevily for 11 years of my life and I felt great with all the cardio training I was doing to prepare for games. I have actually been steering clear of cardio for about a year and a half other than doing board sports. It is reasuring to hear this information, also I was getting sick of not having a cut up stomach lol. thanks, Im excited to see that article.

Comment

i like going 2x a day but i normally try to do it at least 3 days a week.....i normally go early in the morning then again after meal 5 when you have full energy replinshed....make sure your doing split rutines and that your not pushing muscle groups too much.....i like to spread things out and do specific excersises on certain days all person feel tho ive noticed it keeps me going i feel more energized throughout the day and something to look forward too...also i do my cardio in the morning when i go and dont do it in the afternoon

Comment

Working...
                        X