Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my training split and routine

whats up guys,
    this is my split along with the general lifts and approx. reps. Let me know what you think and if i should change anything up. I am unsure as to whether or not i am training too much to the point where it becomes counter productive. At least thats what a friend of mine thinks. In addition, i would like to note the fact that I am natural at this point.

Monday: quads and hamstrings
    squat 12, 10, 8, 6 - lunge 12, 12, 10 - leg extensions 3 sets of 10-12
    RDL's 4 sets of 10-12 - seated leg curl sets sets of 10-12, lying leg curl 3 sets of 10-12
    Tuesday: chest and calves
    flat DB or BB bench 12, 10, 8, 6 - incline db or Bb bench 12, 10, 8, 6 - incline or flat db flys 4 sets of 10-12 - cable flys 2 sets 8-10
    one leg standing db calf raise 4 sets of 12 - seated calf raise 4 sets of 16-20
    Wednsday: off
    Thursday: back and traps
    deads if im still not too sore from monday 12, 10, 8, 6 - seated rows 4 sets of 10-12 - bent over db rows 4 sets of 12-10 reps - 4 sets of pulldowns 14-8 reps (this would indicate 16 sets but usually i drop 2 sets at different places to make it 14 total)
    db shrug 20-12 reps - behind the neck bb shrug - 4 sets of 12-10 reps
    friday: shoulders, calves, and abs
    side lateral DB raises 4 sets of 10-12 reps - front DB shoulder raises - 2 sets of 12 - seated Db rear delt rasies 4-5 sets of 8-15 - military press or arnold press 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    led press calf raise 4 sets of 10-15 reps - seated calf raise 3-4 sets of 15-20 reps
    8-12 sets of abs
    saturday: Arms I vary my arm day alot but I usually start out with straight bar curl for biceps and either lying french press of rope extensions for triceps. I do between 8-10 sets for both biceps and triceps.

let me know what you think, the main prob is that im never in good enough shae to have a good deadlift day cause my glutes and hamstrings are always too sore from monday. Peace

also, in off sundays if that seemed ambiguous

Comment

If you want a good deadlift, try doing that on monday and then your legs on Thursday. That should give the little bit of legs you used enough rest. For you legs there's no diffrence between seated leg curl and lying leg curl. I would pick one, hit it hard and cut the other one out. Shoulders: Start with your compound movements ie. military press, then move on to your isolation exercises.

Comment

yea, thats seems like a good idea for the dead lift problem, personally, i have recenlty switched over to doing raises first for shoulders and find i get a better pump. most ppl go straight for the military press as an ego thing, i like raises first, anyone else have an opinion on this?

Comment

I would say you are doing something wrong, maybe form, I'm not sure. Your not doing leg extensions and lunges before squats...

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
            I would say you are doing something wrong, maybe form, I'm not sure. Your not doing leg extensions and lunges before squats...
            why would i do leg extensions and lunges beofre squats?

Comment

That's my point. You can get a good pump with lunges and leg extensions before squats, just like you can get a good pump with the iso shoulder raises before the military press... This is just my take on it from my expierence.

Comment

alright, i hear you, anyone else have an opnion on this matter?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout6
                  Presses first.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout6
                    I prefer to do compound movements or movements that involve more muscles before any isolation movements. That way you don't have unequal "freshness" of muscle groups when doing the bigger lifts. Sounds like potential injury or unequal muscle development to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                      For your legs there's no difference between seated leg curl and lying leg curl. I would pick one, hit it hard and cut the other one out.
                      I agree and disagree. I agree that you should only do one per workout because they are so similar. However, I feel like they are a bit different because you start with the upper-ham/glute muscle stretched more in a lying leg curl. I have also seen EMG studies on the two that showed that the lying leg curl stimulated more muscle fibers than the seated leg curl. I know the seated is easier on some peoples backs, so they avoid the lying, but I prefer the lying leg curl.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
                        I agree and disagree. I agree that you should only do one per workout because they are so similar. However, I feel like they are a bit different because you start with the upper-ham/glute muscle stretched more in a lying leg curl. I have also seen EMG studies on the two that showed that the lying leg curl stimulated more muscle fibers than the seated leg curl. I know the seated is easier on some peoples backs, so they avoid the lying, but I prefer the lying leg curl.
                        I agree, my original post was supose to say "there's really no difference" :) sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                        X