FOREARMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOREARMS?

I am working out my forearms once a week with my bi's and tri's. Should i keep at once a week or boost up to twice a week?

once is definitely all you need especially if you don't use wrist wraps during your back workout, especially weighted pull-ups and deads.

Comment

Alright guy's thx.

Comment

what exactly are you doing for forearms. i never work them, i feel that between deads curls back and shrugs that there getting a good amount of work day to day. thinking about starting to do them curious parabody

Comment

Originally posted by parabody
          what exactly are you doing for forearms. i never work them, i feel that between deads curls back and shrugs that there getting a good amount of work day to day. thinking about starting to do them curious parabody

For forearms i take rope that is attached to a weight and the rope is tied to a bar and all i do is wrap the rope until the weight comes up, drop it slowly, then go up, and i keep doing that until i feel a burn. Once i feel that burn i keep doing it until my forearms fail and i literally drop everything. in some instances my forearms go numb for a few seconds. Also, all your blood is rushed to your forearms and they puff up and they hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by parabody

I superset reverse curls with behind-the-back curls. Some guys have to train fore-arms and some don't, it's just genetics.

Comment

do you mean reverse curls as in just flexing the top of the forearm or doing a regular bicep curl but palms down?

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
                do you mean reverse curls as in just flexing the top of the forearm or doing a regular bicep curl but palms down?
                Doing a biceps curl palms down (with an E-Zcurl bar). So you would do this after training biceps, as opposed to after training back if you train biceps on a different day than back for whatever reason. I train my whole upper-body on the same day now, so I do forearms at the end of my upper body workout.

Comment

Another good exercise that you'd never expect for forearms, bent over rows. I use both palms down with thumbs over the bar grip. After about three sets it looks like someone stuffed golf balls under the skin on top of my forearm. I don't do the Dorian rows, I do them with my back parallel to the ground so when the bar touches my stomach, my forearms are fully flexed.

Comment

Originally posted by Control
                    I superset reverse curls with behind-the-back curls. Some guys have to train fore-arms and some don't, it's just genetics.
                    i have deff seen a difference doing reverse curls...i dont really train mine and they are a pretty decient size...genetics, i guess your right

Comment

I superset reverse curls with behind-the-back curls. .

hey bro, i tried those last week and loved them. Havent gotten a pump like that in a whlile.

Comment

Originally posted by JUICE
                        hey bro, i tried those last week and loved them. Havent gotten a pump like that in a whlile.
                        Good to hear. I have all my clients train forearms on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                          I never work them out...
                          Try it. You might find that you can curl more weight and (I have no idea why) bench press more weight.

Comment

Good to hear. I have all my clients train forearms on a regular basis.

it made me feel good cause i would usually do regular wrist curls and reverse curls. But striaght out sets. Yeah i would feel a pump and workout but not like the superset ones (reverse and behind back wrist curls).

There some dudes at my gym who dont even train forearms. I ask them why not and thier like nah, i dont like to. I prefer having an overall development in the arm area than to have big arms and small forearms. Doesnt look right.

Comment

Try it. You might find that you can curl more weight and (I have no idea why) bench press more weight.
                              you're right...the stronger the grip is the better you'll control whatever weight is in your hands, or something like that...I've read this somewhere, about grip strength and how much you lift

what worked for me today while working back was switching from a grip with my thumbs over the bar to thumbs under the bar, opposing the rest in my fingers...for chins and stuff, years ago, I switched to a grip with my thumbs next to my index fingers to take my forearms out of it, so I could put more emphasis on my back. Truth be told, I really just wanted to do more pullups before my forearms tired.

Today I switched back to opposing thumbs, and I pulled less weight without straps, but I sure felt it in my forearms. Bottom line, I guess, is you can get a decent forearm workout without isolating them, but at the expense of the rest of your lifts.

Comment

Working...
                              X