Bench Press vs. Incline Bench Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Press vs. Incline Bench Press

What to YOU use as your primary mass builder. I personally switch between which I do first each workout. (every 4 days)

I always start with incline first and then flat second. You're stronger on the flat, so best to use most of your energy on your weaker position. If I could only do one, it would be the incline, it hits both parts of the chest better.

Comment

I do Incline only, flat bench has causes my shoulder to bother me. I feel I get better gains from incline also

Comment

i always do both incline and flat bench but my best gains were when each time id work my chest id use barbells 1 time then use dumb bells the next which has helped me my best :xmas:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
            I always start with incline first and then flat second. You're stronger on the flat, so best to use most of your energy on your weaker position. If I could only do one, it would be the incline, it hits both parts of the chest better.
            :agree:

Comment

I powerlifted so long for a while it felt shitty not to do flat bench first. Incline actually hurts my shoulders worse than flat bench but not bad really.

Comment

I don't know which is a better mass builder but I definitely feel the pump better with an incline bench. Make sure you include some movements for the lower pec as well like decline bench press or high-to-low cable x-over (or decline bench cable x-over) because you don't want unsymmetrical pec development.

Comment

I switch them up all the time, and I also alternate between barbells and dumbells. One day I'll do bb incline and db flat, then db incline and bb flat, then start with bb bench and...well, you get the idea

Comment

Yes variety is KEY!

Comment

I read a study saying that flat bench was the best mass builder (don't ask me where cus I don't remember.. probably MD), but I personally switch from flat first to incline first.

Comment

What inclination do you use? 45 degrees or less?

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                          45 degrees would like an "L"......It would be less of course...I do both...I alternate from week to week.

Dude that would be 90 degrees.

AS for lifting I tend to fous more on incline and decline and stay away from flat presses.

Comment

Originally posted by Megiddo
                            Dude that would be 90 degrees.

AS for lifting I tend to fous more on incline and decline and stay away from flat presses.
                            lol

I'm the same way

Comment

So is 45 okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X