bone pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bone pain

I have been training off and on for the past 15 years but have been pretty serious about it for the past 3. I work out 5 days a week 1 body part per day (usually in the 8 to 12 rep range and 15 working sets) and run 3 times a week at night.The problem I have developed is that my forearms,shins and shoulders hurt like hell.I usually lift trough the pain but it doesnt seem to go away especially when lifting it gets worse(it feels as if my bones are going to snap).I didnt think I was overtraing because I am still making gains and do get plenty of rest at night.Any suggestions would be helpful.

pain might still be a sign of overtraining, even though you are making gains, I don't think you will necessarily get all symptoms at once. How old are you? You might we wearing down your connective tissue a bit, which happens in people who have been training and playing sports longer, or are doing at an advanced age (i.e., not 16, where everything seems to regenerate)

does more rest help? if you took a week off from lifting, do you think it would help? have you tried that before without success?

Comment

I am 35 years old and do not take glucosamine.The supplements I take are Protein,creatine,multivitamin,vitamin c and e,fish oil,flaxseed oil.drink usually 1- to1-1/2 gallons of water a day. I would like to take a week off lifting but only as a last resort.If it is the connective tissue what is a remedy? Thanks

Comment

if it's the connective tissue...rest, a reduction in your lifting schedule, or you could use more machines and less free weights, or focus more on the middle range of your exercises, to take stress off your joints. I've never done that myself; that's how Ronnie lifts on his DVDs...someone can probably chime in on if that would help, but I think it will.

one more thing -- try my suggestions in reverse order

Comment

Thanks for your info.Fitness Brat how much glucosamine do you recommend?

Comment

Working...
          X