Once a week vs. 2x a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once a week vs. 2x a week

Just wanted to know everyone opinion on hitting a muscle goup once a week versus twice a week? Results? Tendencies?

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
    Your muscles need ample recovery/rest to grow and get maximum gains. Overtraining will hinder you. I will train abs or calves more than once a week sometimes, but nothing else.
    It depends how you structure your training regime.

Training twice a week through the traditional way of 2 muscle/day split will mostly likely result in over training. However, Upper/Lower splits or Full Body splits allows for 2-3 growth cycles/week while avoiding overtraining and results in maximum recovery. I am a strong believer of Upper/Lower splits and highly promote that to any natural bodybuilder. As it promotes a greater endocrine response that triggers a much greater release of hormones compared to that of the 2 muscle/day splits.

Personal results have been 10lb increase in lean bodyweight in 2.5 months.

My physique has gained greater thickness, size and strength.
    Last edited by slayer of souls; 03-21-06, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Slayer, what does your typical upper/lower split look like as far as the week goes. I'm changing to that next week and I'm not exactly sure how I want to set it up.

Comment

no reason to train a muscle more than once a week in just normal training...there are methods that can call for an increase in intensity, volume and frequency for short bursts (not periodization though).

Comment

Originally posted by bigfish
          Just wanted to know everyone opinion on hitting a muscle goup once a week versus twice a week? Results? Tendencies?
          I'm a newb, but I let my body tell me. If I workout hard, that muscle group is usually sore for 2-3 days. I figure it probably still needs rest even a little after that. So for instance I'll do biceps directly, like bicep curls on a monday, and then on friday I'll do exercises that happen to use the biceps as a muscle group, like seated rows. This way I hit the muscle group hard, give it 4 days, hit it light, give it 3 days, and repeat. But that's just me. Not sure what the pros on here would say.

Comment

me personally from personal experience, i prefer working them out once in a week. Abs, calves, and forearms i train the most twice.

I had to learn the hard way before why i never grew, i was training twice a week. But now i grow like a weed once a week but alot too helps me.

Comment

Working...
            X