Damned Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damned Arms

Before the flaming begins, I have tried just about every type of arm training: Low volume heavy weight, high volume light weight, super sets, trisets, etc. Still I cannot sem to get these suckers to grow. I have worked them twice a week, once a week, sometimes none at all and I have yet to get any real growth. I think in the past 6 months they have maybe increased in size by about 1/4 inch if that while my other groups have grown no less than an inch or so.

Anyone have any clues as to what I can do to help boost my arm size? I mean I am curling 135 for 8-10 reps but the suckers are 15.5 inches total.

what type of split you using?...ive just changed my routine to chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/traps, legs, then again a bis/tris day again, I have been getting good results.

Comment

Do you feel your biceps or your triceps not growing?

Comment

Originally posted by al the chemist
        what type of split you using?...ive just changed my routine to chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/traps, legs, then again a bis/tris day again, I have been getting good results.
        This latest splis has me doing back/bis and chest/tris with the arm muscles super or ti setted.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
          Do you feel your biceps or your triceps not growing?
          Nada man. very slight pump even though I go to failure.

Comment

Whats your diet like?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
              What type of carbs,etc are you taking in before you train?
              I usually have a carbo force before I lift. Of course that is irrelevant as I can get great pumps on chest and back.

I think I am just going to stop training them and then they may grow.

AS for diet it is super clean

Comment

Most will probably think this is silly, but I like to do chest/bis & back/tris together. I do this because the bis and tris aren't fatigued from the larger body part and a more direct load can be placed on the smaller muscles. If you've not been able to get them to grow thus far, it would be worth a shot.

Comment

Synthol? :D

Comment

My experience is that 9 times out of 10 the problem is form.

Comment

yes that too, form plays a huge role, use lighter weight with very strict form

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone
                        Most will probably think this is silly, but I like to do chest/bis & back/tris together. I do this because the bis and tris aren't fatigued from the larger body part and a more direct load can be placed on the smaller muscles. If you've not been able to get them to grow thus far, it would be worth a shot.
                        Agreed with SonofBone.
                        No one mentioned it,but all your work comes down to your genetics. I have the same problem with my arms. I can grow my lats and my quads in my sleep but arms...
                        Just stay with basics. I am in to old school training. I do my chest and back one day and shoulders, arms other. For my arms I don't do more than three exercise per group. I make sure I do heavy barbell curls for my biceps(I know u said u curl 135lbs so that's heavy) and I do heavy skull crusher for my triceps.
                        Hope this helps.
                        Last edited by wnabeabeast; 03-22-06, 06:17 PM.

Comment

i read somewhere that arms are very hard to grow(duH) right but what im saying is that the only way to put an inch on your arms is like putting on 10 very leans lbs. Keep that in mind. ALso for a while my arms were staying the same. What i found out is i was overtraining them. I was doing 10 sets on back day for bi's. I cut that down to 6 sets on back day and 9 sets on friday when i do bi's/tri's. Also i do lower weight when i do back because you are already training them while doing back. So light weight strict form higher reps. Fridays i do heavier weight with lower reps the 5-8 range just my input

Comment

Originally posted by Curls4dGirls
                            My experience is that 9 times out of 10 the problem is form.
                            After what has been said, I agree with this. I know it sounds like the text book answer, but that may be all it is. Remember, more complicated dosn't mean better.

Comment

I've only heard one person mention the types of exercises you are using. While another mentions diet. The first key for me was my diet was for a 250 pounder. That's where I stayed, at 250. Then I realized that I had acheived that goal and it was time to move on and eat like a 280 pounder.
                              The second key was the exercises. Weighted dips, close grip press, power cleans. Plus I do that exercise where you put your hands behind you on a bench, put your feet up on a bench, and load plates on your lap. The truth is, I hate arm day because I know I'll find a new way to find pain and hopefully growth.
                              I didn't mention on why not to do three variations of bicep curls or tricep extensions because I'm guessing your beyond that stage.
                              Oh yeah, one more, my arms get their own day. I'll do a set of biceps, then go to triceps. Back and forth until they stop growing again.

Comment

Working...
                              X