Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genetics (sort of interesting if it's true)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genetics (sort of interesting if it's true)

http://zonecapone.com/GENETICS.htm

not to necessarily make this about race, but...do you think this has anything to do with the fact that they're black? one of my buddies joked once, when we were all getting ready for a show (he, fiancée and I) "dude, you don't even need to diet"

Bouncer once noted (or maybe you did, not sure) that Branch Warren gets really grainy, he's rarely seen a white guy with that kind of conditioning?

any thoughts???

Comment

The most genetically gifted guys I've trained have been black. Obviously there's genetically gifted guys of all races though.

Comment

cud u guys imagin bein like that omg thatd b soooo awesome n funny

Comment

I've heard that black guys have slightly higher testosterone levels than other races. Still I haven't really noticed any race being more gifted than the other. On a different note I have noticed to a certain degree lately that people are either in great shape or morbidly obese. Doesn't seem to be much in between anymore. Maybe thats just my imagination I dunno ha.

Comment

crazy shit.....8 months and only down 5lbs :hmmm:...sometimes i wonder if someone with incredible genitics would train with a heart like a super hard gainer :hmmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5454
              crazy shit.....8 months and only down 5lbs :hmmm:...sometimes i wonder if someone with incredible genitics would train with a heart like a super hard gainer :hmmm:
              the obvious answer is: some of them do, and some of them don't...I think one of the lies pros tell is that they have bad genetics. They all want their progress to seem 110% hard work, and that nothing was given to them. That notwithstanding, I'm CERTAIN there are pros who have amazing genetics, worked less than they "should have had to," so to speak, and are where they are anyway.

Then, there are those who took God's gift and rocked out anyway...

Comment

One thing I've come to believe over the years is that some guys have better genetics when it comes to gear. 500 mg of test will make one guy blow up without really eating or training that well and another guy who eats and trains much better won't respond as well to the same dose.

Comment

I think "genetics" also means how someone looks. Some people naturally are 5'6, have a small waist, small joints, and thin skin. Once they put any kind of muscle on them, they start looking phenomenal. "Genetics" is probably the bodybuilder way of models saying someone has "natural beauty" or something like that...I've also taken it to mean they have an advantageous starting point

Comment

Kevin Levrone.... barely worked out and was jacked. he probably lifted 4 months a year toward the end of his career

Originally posted by go Yankees
                    That notwithstanding, I'm CERTAIN there are pros who have amazing genetics, worked less than they "should have had to," so to speak, and are where they are anyway.

Then, there are those who took God's gift and rocked out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees
                      I think "genetics" also means how someone looks. Some people naturally are 5'6, have a small waist, small joints, and thin skin. Once they put any kind of muscle on them, they start looking phenomenal. "Genetics" is probably the bodybuilder way of models saying someone has "natural beauty" or something like that...I've also taken it to mean they have an advantageous starting point
                      Very true. Some guys are so hard and ripped looking 24/7 365.

Comment

in this month's MuscleMag (with Chris Cook on the cover) they touch on a couple interesting things about genetics

-the first is about biceps. They compare bodybuilders who have a "short" biceps muscle, evinced by a gap between the crook of your elbow and where the bulge of the bicep starts, and those who have a "long" biceps muscle, with less of a peak.
                        -the second was an article about a natural bodybuilder...he's 5'9, 175, and his offseason weight is 3 lbs more than his contest weight...which got me to thinking...top level natural bodybuilders must have some sort of advantage over everyone else, allowing them to look phenomenal as bodybuilders, without AAS...things like small waists, small joints...

here are three pics of biceps. The MuscleMag article mentioned Charles and Ronnie as two who have a natural peak, while Levrone and Oliva as two who have a longer bicep muscle...the pics they had looked convincing, I tried to find some that showed their bis
                        Attached Files

Comment

i hope no one says in racist for saying this but i feel it is pretty evident black people sem to on average have better genetics. Just look at pretty mcuh any professionla sport. Bodybuilding is no different. I consider myself to be somewhat genetically gifted but not even close to the level mentioned in the TP article. I have always heard crayz shit about Dillet, like 22inch calves without any training....my calves suck terribly so i am very jeleous of that in particular, but on the other hand i feel i have very good obliques without ever working them.

Comment

Working...
                          X