355 for 3 on DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 355 for 3 on DL

I know a lot of you guys on here deadlift atleast 500lbs, but I am so pumped right now. I just did 295-8, 315-6, 335-4, and 355 for 3. That is the heaviest I have gone, and I know you guys can relate to it. Plus none of my friends work out or deadlift. Anyway I had to tell someone. Later
    :dancingne :nerdnew:

I know how you feel, congratulations. I remeber I didn't use dead lift at all. Then once I got past that 315 it was exciting.

Comment

Congratulations! PR's are always exciting, especially when it's something like deads or squats. Keep it up and you'll be at 500 in no time. :bravonew:

Comment

nice work, i'm around the same

Comment

Thanks guys.... it is weird. When I do deadlifts at the gym is seems like everyone is watching to see what the hell i am doing. Like I am retarded or something. I work out at lifestyles which is a more like a meeting place for people. But it is fun to watch people react when you have some weight on the bar. I have never seen anyone do them, which is half the fun in doing them

Comment

Congrats, bro! I work out in a more traditional gym, and I hardly see anyone deadlifting. Definitely my favorite powerlift, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoody
              Thanks guys.... it is weird. When I do deadlifts at the gym is seems like everyone is watching to see what the hell i am doing. Like I am retarded or something. I work out at lifestyles which is a more like a meeting place for people. But it is fun to watch people react when you have some weight on the bar. I have never seen anyone do them, which is half the fun in doing them
              LOL! I work out at a gold's and, even there, you don't hardly see anybody deadlifting. I don't understand why it's so ignored. The bench press benches are used about 10x more than the deadlift station or the squat racks. Works out great for me! It's funny though to do some different lift and get all the stares and then see people trying it for themselves later.

Comment

Just curious what are some of your guys DL numbers.... yes Rado we already know yours :bravonew:

Comment

My heaviest right now is 2 sets of 6 at 365. Don't konw my max.
                  Last edited by Shibby; 03-30-06, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Congrats bro! I live for deads

Comment

congrats man.

im about 365 6-8 reps.

werid how u say ur buddies do not deadlift. Same thing here, lots of people dont do those. They look at me like what the hell is he doing. No wonder they do not grow.

Comment

I could probably hit a couple reps at 225 but my last working set was 185. :laughnew: you guys are great motivation.

Comment

I still do romanian deadlifts (sort of a variation on SLDL's) on leg day, but I don't use much weight. I stopped doing heavy deads on back day for two reasons. One, my lower back can't take squats and deadlifts in the same week. Since I need squats for my legs but I don't need deads for my back (the only two lifts you need for back are pull-ups/downs and cable rows) I choose squats. The other reason is when I did heavy deads I started getting really huge lower traps. It almost made me look like a hunch-back.

Comment

i dead lift every other week. Last time i got 415x2 on my 4th or 5th working set

Comment

Im with Lightsout, DL everyother week bc it is just too much with squating every week. I got 405 the other day for 4 reps with belt and straps! Would love to try 5 plates, but I feel they are an exersice you should increase very gradually due t injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X